Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Right Flippers die during game.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pindoc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Right Flippers die during game. Reply with quote

Hi,
I just got my game today and set it up. Plays great except that in the middle of the game, both of the right flippers will stop working. When I push the flipper button, it will:
1. Fire both flippers normally
2. After a second or two pause, fire the flippers.
3. Fire the flippers weakly
4. Do nothing - This is most common

The left flipper is normal.
I checked the connections to the boards and at the flipper button switch. I tightened the screws of the flipper button switch which seemed to help for a short while, but after another minute of play, the right flippers stopped firing. About once every 5 button hits, they will fire. When I visually check the switch, it is making contact.
In test mode and when cancelling the buy-in, it is also intermittent.
I suspect it is a bad flipper button switch. Any suggestions?

I am sorry. I did not introduce myself. I am collector from Wichita, KS. I have mostly Williams/Bally games from the '90's. I have done a few cosmetic/mechanical restorations of games (Fire!, MM, RS and CC) but I am not that comfortable with circuit borders, schematics and soldering. While I have "lurked" on this group since it began, I have not posted until now for a variety of reasons.

Thanks for any help.
Bruce #87
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check both of your flipper EOS switches and all of the switches related to the trough and shooter lane. I had a similar problem and it was that the left EOS was closed when the game came up and made the game act wacky (extra balls in the shooter, etc.). I'm thinking that the software never got finished for default startup switch checks. I adjusted the EOS so it works properly (open when not engauged) and life is good!

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
pindoc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. The EOS and other switches seem to be ok. As a last resort, I cleaned the switch contacts on both sides with some card stock. Now it works perfectly. I guess I should have done the easy thing first, but I did not think a switch in a brand new game would be dirty. Probably from sitting on a shelf. Live and learn. At least I wasted time doing something I like to do ... figuring out what's wrong with my pinball machines.
Bruce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Tech Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: