Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your opinion please!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Your opinion please! Reply with quote

Your opinion please.

I have had several request from interested people (apparently those that don’t hack forums) asking for an occasional updated picture of the BBB games progress.

I realize that we hold these pictures dear but would anyone object if an occasional picture was posted on the IPB websight?

If you do, nothing will be posted . This is a group effort and I will honor that.

All pictures would be posted to this forum first so ya'll can have a chance at the best…….. wood.

Having said that it made me wonder are there like BBB pinup pictures at your houses? Twisted Evil Very interesting!!

Oh yeah prep work has begun on my guinea pig machine (GPM) simple stuff, trying things for size and accuracy (speakers, grounding strap…) do you want pics or is this to mundane?

For my computer buds this was done in word and copied, cut and pasted to the forum. You guys are good.

Thanks

the witch
digger47

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kim,
as long as we see the pictures first, I say let them see the photos.
and there is nothing to mundane for my intrest.
dig
tcat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post away. I doubt there is anything too mundane for us to look at...
BBB93

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mundane...??? What possibly could be mundane about speakers and ground straps? As far as the pin-ups, I do have a copy of one of Stan Fukuoka's BBB concept prints hanging here in my office. Shocked

Part of me wants to be like the soup nazi and say "No BBB photos for you" Evil or Very Mad But in reality I don't care. I say post away with the photos.

Bob Stemmler #93
CraigC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Your opinion please! Reply with quote

I have no problems with pics on the IPB website. It's really good for everyone.

good for IPB because you guys are kicking arse, and people get to see that you can handle the difficult task of manufacturing machines. I would think this would help translate into more pre-order sales of other products.

good for us because we believed in you when others didn't and we get to own BBB when all they get are some pictures. Wink

also I honestly don't care if we get to see the pictures first, but keep the pictures coming of grounding straps, speakers, and all the mundane stuff, I love it!

Unless of course it keeps you from building machines Wink

-c
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can pull it off would you like to have the pic off the old forum on here
or does it matter since you have already seen them.
Here is the ethical question; since we didn't own the forum that they were posted on, but they are pictures of our machine and they are on our computer and at least some of them were taken during work hours is it wrong for me to post them or is that considered hacking and is it possible to "hack" your own computer?
You guys are the experts
The witch happy5
bspins

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kim,

I'll go along with what others have said. No pics or info is too mundane. Post away. Anything you give us is considered foreplay, culminating in the ultimate BBB pingasm!! AND WE'VE BEEN WAITING A LONG TIME.

As for posting pics on your website, just make sure they look good. You know that any pic you post is going to be gone over with a fine toothed comb. I see no reason why others shouldn't be aware of the progress you're making. I know if I were Gene, I'd be quite proud of what I've done so far. Post away.

Makes no difference to me if you post old pics from the old forum. If you could, I guess that would be nice, but when it comes to ethics.....don't ask me cause I have none.
Bryan Kelly Former BBB #123
blubboman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Pix on IPB good Reply with quote

Witch,
I say go for it on the IPB site. I would still like them here also, preferably first but that's not even a big deal. The pix will fire up RGP some! Stick, hornet's nest, whack, whack, whack.

I downloaded most of the old pictures off the old forum anyway. If anyone wants them, let me know.
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PINBALL WITCH wrote:
If I can pull it off would you like to have the pic off the old forum on here
or does it matter since you have already seen them.
Here is the ethical question; since we didn't own the forum that they were posted on, but they are pictures of our machine and they are on our computer and at least some of them were taken during work hours is it wrong for me to post them or is that considered hacking and is it possible to "hack" your own computer?
You guys are the experts
The witch happy5

I'd say that since you own the rights on everything BBB right now, and this whole project is "owned" by IPB/PMI/whatever, you can post any picture taken of it. Besides, I don't think anyone is going to start legal stuff about pictures taken from your own project, stored on your own computer (that would be the ultimate "American" lawsuit Shocked).

And yes I'm interested in any pictures from the old forum. I have stored most of them on my PC, but probably not all. I also like to retrieve the Trivia Tuesday stuff from the old forum version 2. There was a lot of interesting info in these which are now "lost". If anyone has saved them back then, let me know! And how about the "official" update posts? And the report about the printing quality of the playfield and decals (who did that again?)? And ... and...

No pictures are mundane. Just send *any* new pictures you have to Robert and he will do the effort of posting them on the forum. You have no idea how much difference a few pictures make for us. Some of us check this forum daily and a few interesting pictures just make our day.

Regarding posting picture outside this forum (on your website, on pinballnews, on RGP,...), I completely don't care. I want the machine and I want as much info as possible. Other than that, I don't care who sees what.

By the way, how is the assembly of the underside of the playfield going? Has that been started or do you still miss some parts? And how many people are actually working on that? And do they work full time on this or only after their normal working hours. I don't understand why this takes so long after all the parts were supposedly in. What is holding this back? I know that you had to find new people after BC left the project, but it's awfully quiet on that front. What is happening there?

greetz,
Joe
BBB94

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am fine with the public posting of select photos, to help showcase that good progress is being made and how good the quality is. A 1 -2 day delay in making any pics public would be nice. This is IPB / PMI's biggest best thing to date and you should be proud to showcase it.

It would be very nice to have access to as much as possible from the prior two forums - pictures and posts.
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for posting pics from the old forum, just say the word Kim and I'll unlock them all. They're already stored within this forum... Very Happy

As for new pics, as said by others, nothing is too mundane and *any* picture is appreciated when time allows.

If you want to post pictures on the IPB website, I don't care one way or the other. Not sure what purpose it serves for "outsiders" though.

And I have the first 8 or so Trivia contests archived and have been slowly adding them to this forum. Hopefully Steve (pinsane) has the remainder archived somewhere and will be able to repost them here some day.
BBB #74
litz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote is for posting some of the pictures and see what the reaction is. If the bashing starts again, stop and pull those back off the site.

As for the mundane ones. Any pictures are good. Also items in the background of some of the pictures are interesting too.

Again thanks to everyone involved in this project.
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should definitely post some of the more illustrative BBB pictures on the IPB Web site. As far as bashing goes, who the heck cares what some group of losers on r.g.p (or any other forum) thinks? Quite frankly, Kim, whatever you do, some bozo (or collection of bozos) will find fault with it. Just ignore them - which I know is hard when the bashing degenerates into attacks on you or your family - and know that lots of people really do like to see positive information. I suspect there are a LOT of silent readers on r.g.p who would really like to know about the BBB project, but won't speak out against the idiosts who start the flame fests simply for fear of becoming a target themselves.

Putting some of those BBB playfield pictures up along with your Funhouse playfield pre-order info should go a LONG way toward helping people realize that folks at IPB really can deliver quality work.

Tony
BBB #39
Kerry Richard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony...well said!

I agree. Kim post away!

Kerry Richard #111
greg_888

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim
yes post away
they belong to you guys

and if that other forum starts bitching don't add any more

anyway for us here its more the verbal/ written updates that are most important,
the pic's are only really good visual aids for the updates

so yes its about time you (IPB) start to show off a little
it always pays to advertise your wares
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: