Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gene at Expo / Stern Tour DVDs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Gene at Expo / Stern Tour DVDs Reply with quote

Just an update on shipping, The second batch is going out today to the people who paid at Zip codes:

I'm going to make the offer for one more week. If anyone else wants to see this stuff, follow the directions below, but do it before Wednesday, September 21st. I'll be shipping the following Friday.

Thanks Everyone! Hope you enjoy them.

-Al-

Quote:
Hey Guys,

I've had a few requests to see the Stern Tour DVD. I'll be glad to send out copies to anyone who wants them, but there are costs to do so. If anyone wants a copy of it, please send $6.00 by PayPal to al@alsarcade.com. I'll also include a copy of Gene's talk at Expo 2004 for free.

And before you ask, I'm going to send the "Extra" money to the Pinball Hall of Fame Building Fund.

So the idea is, my work to make and package these things to get them to you will go to a good cause.

Those of you in foriegn countries who can watch an NTSC DVD-R should e-mail me for details before sending PayPal.

Thanks,

-Al-

Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: I Lied... Reply with quote

I told a few of you that your discs would go out next week and I decided to make them up tonight and ship tomorrow.

So the following ZIPS will ship on Saturday:

Thanks to all for helping support the PHOF! Enjoy the discs!

-Al-

PS - Offer still open until Wednesday!
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
awarner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Let us know what you think! Reply with quote

Whenever y'all get the discs, please post a note in this topic with your opinion. I know The Gene disc get's "blocked" regularly, but it was a decent record of the event (launch of BBB production).

I'd really like your opinions of the discs.

Also, order today or tomorrow if you still want them. Only 1 more set being sent this Friday so far...

-Al-

PS - So far, we have collectively raised $50.00 for the PHOF! Way cool!
awarner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Last Day to Buy (for now) Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,

Last day on these. I might make the offer again later, but it takes a lot of time to do them and I am working on my first REAL project's release.

3 Sets going out on Friday so far. I'll post ZIPS when they ship.

A preview of my next project is at:

http://www.pinsandvids.com

I'm probably 2-3 weeks from completion. The on-line commercial is a bit wrong as well but it's essentailly correct.

Thanks Everyone,

-Al-

PS My first comments from someone who got these two was:

"Thanks Al It (they) arrived yesterday, so l was up quite late watching
they where both very interesting... but my fantasy of working in a pinball
factory is now over....... l couldn't stand the noise"
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Final Shipping Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I have 3 packages going out today to the following Zip Codes:

This will end this offer for now. I hope everyone who ordered the discs enjoys them.

I got one more comment on them I thought I'd share:

"I received the DVDs and they are great. I know you were concerned about the "unsteady camera work" in the Gene Cunningham talk, but this really is not an issue for me. There really wasn't that much unsteadiness - besides - I was more interested in content than anything.

The lines above were meant to be a compliment. I appreciate you making these available to us."

Thanks to Everyone who ordered,

-Al-
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Man, I'm the only one who posts here... Reply with quote

I got another comment about the discs I offered and I wanted to share it...

"Finally got them both watched - a sincere thanks for making them available. I count my blessings that I live within two hours drive of both PAGG and CAX, but that means I never have and likely won't ever get close to shows in any other part of the country - I would never have seen either of these things without your kind offer.

Stern Tour: Pretty cool. I spend a lot of time dealing with manufacturing issues, so this was kind of what I expected, just pinball themed. It is amazing, however, how much "touch time" goes into a pinball machine; I'm amazed they sell for as little as they do.

Gene: Great video. I check the pinball news group about once a week (I stopped posting years ago), and listening to Gene was like hearing the other side of the story... especially concerning the problems with the soccer balls. Gene's explanations make a lot more sense than the rants on the web. When I went into the BBB project I figured Gene was lacking in experience, but not the ability to make a complete machine - plus I really wanted a Big Bang Bar. It was also clear that almost no one considers him dishonest: the video kind of reenforces that image. "

---

I thought these were great comments. If the author wants to step up - feel free.

BTW: I'll start another thread, but my next video will be coming out in about a week and it's my first commercial video.

A similar low price and the profits still go to the Pinball Hall of Fame.

Video Commercial at:
http://www.pinsandvids.com/vids/PVMagazineCommercial.wmv
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Advertising All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: