Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black Crinkle Paint

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpecialwhenLit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Black Crinkle Paint Reply with quote

Greetz Bangers,

The paint on my lockdown bar was rubbed to bare metal by the cardboard during shipping. Several little dots on top left of bar. Does anyone know the information about the product used on these? (Brand, color code, etc.) I want to make an exact match.

Thanx.

Evan K.
Seattle, WA
Lou

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem with mine, though not rubbed down to the metal, definitely major scuffs on the front edge. Maybe it's a Seattle thing.

Also, is there a way to tighten the lockdown bar, there are no brass screws for adjusement (though there are empty screw holes) like on the WMS games.

Lou
BBB #44
pindoc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tightened my lockdown bar with thicker foam weather strip tape. I replaced the thin black foam strip that lies against the glass and also added a strip to the bar where it hits the top of the front panel of the cabinet. It now fits snugly without any wiggle.
Bruce
just plain rob

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pindoc wrote:
I tightened my lockdown bar with thicker foam weather strip tape. I replaced the thin black foam strip that lies against the glass and also added a strip to the bar where it hits the top of the front panel of the cabinet. It now fits snugly without any wiggle.
Bruce

Great ideas.
Other Capcoms have 2 square 3/4 inch neoprene cubes under the lock-down bar which stabilize the rear of the bar (closest to the shooter). I don't know where you would get these today.
BBB94

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou wrote:
Also, is there a way to tighten the lockdown bar, there are no brass screws for adjusement (though there are empty screw holes) like on the WMS games. BBB #44

I looked at those screw holes on mine, and it did not look to me like they would do anything on this lockdown design. I put some screws in there to try to make sure and did not notice any change in lock-down tightness.

I added a thin foam strip to the front of the lock-down bar brace (the section that would contact the front edge of the glass) and put some thicker foam squares on hte bar where it would press on the playfield supports.
marspinball

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the best way to contact PMI in regards to obtaining a replacement. I have no problem paying for another.
BBB #131
rhayes1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My lock downbar was scuffed coming out of the box also. It went to bare metal on the left side. I would like to purchase another. How do we go about it?

Rob Hayes
BBB #18
kirklake13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: New Lockdown bar Reply with quote

I too had a lockdown bar with major rub wear, right out of the box. I had a new replacement for a Data East machine at home at the time. It looks to be an exact match. Black crinkle pattern and color are perfect. I had bought this from Marco some time back.
BBB #102
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Tech Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: