Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Solenoid trouble

View previous topic :: View next topic  
just plain rob

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Solenoid trouble Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad

I'm getting intermittent firing from each slingshot when I press the flippers.
I'm suspecting maybe a bad diode...?

Slingshots behave when I do a specific solenoid check, but in game mode--the right one especially--continually fires.

Game didn't do this at first, and I did check for a tight sling switch. Actually, I did remove the sling rubber just to get it out of the equation.
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried using the switch test diagnostic function to see if perhaps any of the switches are stuck closed? Also try rapping on the playfield while in switch test to see if you have a switch that is too closely adjusted. Taking the sling rubber off is a good idea, but it's still possible that one of the sling switches is gapped too closely, or that a piece of solder or something has wedged itself between the switch blades.

Tony
BBB #39
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Tony, the gap has to be bigger. I had the left side continually running for a while. You could also test it by pulling the connector for the switches that runs them (no schematic in front of me) (do this while the machine is off).

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
just plain rob

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd think I knew better... the first thing I should have done is check the switch matrix display.
Anyway, a big thanks--you guys nailed it--and I would have sworn the switches were correct.
Naturally I imagined the worst as I have a sizable group heading here for the "Bash" tomorrow. Most of them are not coming to see me...!
My other alternative was to ask Al to drive up with his BBB Wink

Checked the audits and the game has less than 100 plays on it--I guess I'm still in bug stage mode.
sellenoff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just plain rob wrote:
You'd think I knew better... the first thing I should have done is check the switch matrix display.
Anyway, a big thanks--you guys nailed it--and I would have sworn the switches were correct.
Naturally I imagined the worst as I have a sizable group heading here for the "Bash" tomorrow. Most of them are not coming to see me...!
My other alternative was to ask Al to drive up with his BBB Wink

Checked the audits and the game has less than 100 plays on it--I guess I'm still in bug stage mode.

I posted having this same trouble on my fourth game, too bad there's no easier way to search the forum, but hey, glad you got it resolved!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Tech Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: