Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New problem - ball getting stuck in left loop at switch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sellenoff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: New problem - ball getting stuck in left loop at switch Reply with quote

My game has developed a new and very annoying problem. Many times the ball will get litterally stuck at the switch on the left orbit loop shot right behind the spinner.

Shaking the game most times will not dislodge it, it is stuck side rail to side rail really tight!!

More annoying is that you can't get to the spot since the green tube and the ramp are in the way (and I don't feel like taking them off the PF yet).

Anyone seen this happen and have suggestions?

I can't imagine this is a leveling problem, but I will recheck it tonight.

The other thought is that the switch is somehow slightly bent and causing the problem, but I can't see how that would cause this.

I've not noticed the problem occur from the ball come down the left orbit from a right orbit to left shot, only going up it.

How much clearance is there on the left orbit. When the ball is stuck there, it looks like there's literraly just enough space for a ball, which seems far too narrow of course.
Kerry Richard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similur problem w/ switch in upper right corner. I simply lifted the playfiled, removed 2 screws to remove switch, bent the wireform and made sure it was not touching the wood side any longer. Problem solved.

Kerry #111
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lift the playfield and check the orbit switch mounting bracket. The underground switch on my game was missing one of the two #2-56 screws that mount the microswitch to the bracket, which allowed the switch to rotate upward and block free passage of the ball only in one direction. (The ball was hitting the edge of the switch wireform where the wire bends downward sharply.) It's possible the orbit switch on your game is similarly screw challenged.

Tony
BBB #39
sellenoff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! I'll check it tonight and see what I find out.
sellenoff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was just messing with it, and the screws are all there tight and fine. The switch doesn't appear to touch the wood, though it does have a lot of play so it could probably jump from side to side easily.

I tried bending a bit, but no change..

Game is still getting balls stuck there..

Really sucks and i'm getting rather annoyed since it's no fun to play now, and I don't know what else to try..
Lloyd Olson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need to tweak the wire that triggers the switch more, or put a different shaped one on it, ( like a Williams shooter lane one ) and be sure the micro mini switch is the kind that depresses easy not hard, there are different kinds of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Tech Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: