Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My BBB Setup and Mods

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: My BBB Setup and Mods Reply with quote

My BBB has been out of the box for just over a week now. I've tweaked it to operate perfectly. Here's what I've done for those that are interested:

Enhancements:

1. Added black Sintra leg protectors.
2. Added Pinball Pal flipper and start button protectors.
3. Added a metal 7/8" fender washer on the lower slingshot post and clear lexan washers for the top post.
4. Applied Mylar to:
- jets (much easier on Capcom than WMS since they use wired 555 sockets, only 6 wires to desolder/resolder)
- both habitrail ball drops
- ball drop area on right orbit where ball lands off the shooter lane
- under the ramp flap
- the Dartz kickout
- all eight drop targets (the assemblies are SO easy to remove)
5. Sparingly lubed the drop targets so they actuate better.
6. Added backbox safety bolts (don't want to rely on backbox latch).

Repairs/Tweaks needed:

1. Replaced the B microswitch for BAR. It work for a couple of days and then failed.
2. Gently widened the left orbit that was just narrow enough to capture a slowly rolling ball.
3. Adjusted Ray's Ball Buster switches.
4. The habitrail 3 ball lock post would launch the ball into the glass. Discovered that there were two return springs on the coil. Removed one of the springs and it now works properly.
5. Cleaned flipper cabinet switch contacts that were intermittent.
6. Had to bend the shooter lane coil bracket to properly launch ball into shooter lane (now 100%).
7. Adjusted the jet and sling contacts for faster play.

I'm very happy with the quality and game play of the BBB. The audio is amazing. A job well done.

Roy
BBB#11
sellenoff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: My BBB Setup and Mods Reply with quote

rjb wrote:
My BBB has been out of the box for just over a week now. I've tweaked it to operate perfectly. Here's what I've done for those that are interested:

Enhancements:

1. Added black Sintra leg protectors.
2. Added Pinball Pal flipper and start button protectors.
3. Added a metal 7/8" fender washer on the lower slingshot post and clear lexan washers for the top post.
4. Applied Mylar to:
- jets (much easier on Capcom than WMS since they use wired 555 sockets, only 6 wires to desolder/resolder)
- both habitrail ball drops
- ball drop area on right orbit where ball lands off the shooter lane
- under the ramp flap
- the Dartz kickout
- all eight drop targets (the assemblies are SO easy to remove)
5. Sparingly lubed the drop targets so they actuate better.
6. Added backbox safety bolts (don't want to rely on backbox latch).

Repairs/Tweaks needed:

1. Replaced the B microswitch for BAR. It work for a couple of days and then failed.
2. Gently widened the left orbit that was just narrow enough to capture a slowly rolling ball.
3. Adjusted Ray's Ball Buster switches.
4. The habitrail 3 ball lock post would launch the ball into the glass. Discovered that there were two return springs on the coil. Removed one of the springs and it now works properly.
5. Cleaned flipper cabinet switch contacts that were intermittent.
6. Had to bend the shooter lane coil bracket to properly launch ball into shooter lane (now 100%).
7. Adjusted the jet and sling contacts for faster play.

I'm very happy with the quality and game play of the BBB. The audio is amazing. A job well done.

Roy

Could you describe (in detail) how you widended the left orbit? I'm having problems with the ball getting jammed in really tight.

I also have problems with the captive ball switches, what did you do? Everything I've tried doesn't seem to help.

Thanks
rjb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Widening the left orbit was easy, I used a screwdriver handle to push on the outer rail at its narrowest point (kindof in a prying fashion against the inner rail). Now there is plenty of room for the ball to travel through.

As for the captive ball switches I enabled the switch test so I could see all four switches (bottom row, right four switches I believe) on the display and then rolled the balls with the playfield down. If a switch didn't register properly I moved it by loosening the screws or by slightly adjusting the wire form on the switch. Only took a few minutes to get it right.
BBB#11
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Tech Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: