Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Translight Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Disney86

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Translight Question Reply with quote

My BBB translight has hundreds of little tiny clear spots that are invisable when the game is powered off but visable when the game is on (back lit). Is mine the only one with these tiny spots?
BBB #54
BBB94

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that all the translites in existance are NOS from the same run and I've never seen one without "pin holes".
Kronis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have about 20 pinholes on mine. I might replace it with a translite I purchased off Ebay a few years ago. You can still find them online somewhere, if you look hard enough, but there's no guarantee that it'll look better than what you have now.
runner1717

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronis wrote:
I might replace it with a translite I purchased off Ebay a few years ago.

You might want to check the one you purchased from Ebay as well. I also have one that's a couple of years old and it has the pinholes as well.

I think they ALL did for some reason................. Rolling Eyes
CraigC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone tried a diffuser on the bulb? i get a lot of glare and could do with the backbox being darker. going to order one and give it a try.

-c
harrrrrrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig,

Yes, I cut down one of the Pinpal diffusers and used it with both (2) of the sheets of provided filter material. The moded tube and end caps fit perfectly. I like the lighting much better now. Not as much glare and softer lighting, more like incandescent than fluorescent. I think the kit from pinpal was worth the 10$ and am very satisfied with the result.

John
CraigC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, do you have the website where you bought the diffuser?

thanks

-c
pinballlew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pinballpal.com/warming/ this is the site I believe. I ordered one also in preperation of receiving my BBB today Smile
harrrrrrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's it... tell Mark... harrrrrrr sent you Wink

Check the photo on the pinpal site... you will use the two black end caps, they fit perfectly. You will also have to cut the clear tube to the proper length. Take your time to get it sized perfectly. I had a huge pair of sharp industrial sissors that worked ok... I tested by cutting small pieces off one end to be sure I would not crack or put a dent in the tube. Worked ok for me but be careful doing it this way as it squeezes down the tube greatly and may cause a fracture or put a bend in the plastic. A safer method is to start on and end edge and cut the tube around its diameter from one end spiraling in to the perfect length. I got away with it though with a nice clean cut. Fits great and I used both sheets of filter material and it looks great to me. It softens the colors somewhat like an older pin with incadescent bulb lighting. The pinpal site photos are a good representation of how it looks when done. Hope this helps.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: