Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ball getting stuck at top of shooter lane

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirklake13

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Ball getting stuck at top of shooter lane Reply with quote

Not always, but often, when shooting a new ball, the ball does not make it into the "BAR" area, it seems to hit along the left side of the shooter lane near the top and then drops back down and out on to the playfield. Anyone else have this and been able to tweak a solution? Tx, captkirk BBB #78
BBB #102
just plain rob

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That occurs in the original proto as well as the remakes. Capcom was aware of it and whether they planned to change it or not was doubtful.
Here's why I'm thinking that: if you shoot the ball and it "snags" and falls to the upper flipper--you miss your skill shot--but if you make the underground within that same motion, the software will award you a "Secret Skill Shot" worth more than a normal skill shot.
So, the software was aware of it.
sellenoff

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just plain rob wrote:
That occurs in the original proto as well as the remakes. Capcom was aware of it and whether they planned to change it or not was doubtful.
Here's why I'm thinking that: if you shoot the ball and it "snags" and falls to the upper flipper--you miss your skill shot--but if you make the underground within that same motion, the software will award you a "Secret Skill Shot" worth more than a normal skill shot.
So, the software was aware of it.

I don't think the secret skill shot was created because the ball would snag on a regular skill shot, I think it was created because it's a much more challenging shot, and (personally) more satisfying to achieve. Smile

This is of course my opinion, and subject to be totally wrong, so if you've heard otherwise..
harrrrrrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree... otherwise why would it award 10M then 15M then 20M... yes, much more satisfying shot. Have never seen it go past 20M yet.
BBB93

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also might check to see if the shooter rod is alligned properly. If the shooter tip does not hit in the center of the ball, you will get a weak shot that does not make it all the way to the top. I had to make an adjustment on mine and the ball now makes it to the BAR inlanes.

Bob S
BBB#93
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Tech Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: