Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game tweks, rIght to left orbit issue
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pmwolf3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry,

Do you have a pic handy of your fix? I just want to see what you did with that orbit, AND I'm curious to see how you fixed the underground loop.

If not, that's okay.

Pete
latecomer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

runner1717 wrote:

Correct as stated above.

Just an FYI for folks contemplating this change.............

On a strong shot around the orbit, right to left, the ball should miss the post and hit the left flipper due to the curvature of the metal rail. If it's not, loosen the bottom of the METAL rail and push out while tightning it back up.

On a weak right to left shot (or one from the third flipper that hits the foam), the ball is SUPPOSED to hit the post and be deflected to the right flipper! This was designed to give more ramp shots, as we all know how important the ramp shot is to the game.

If you add more padding to the black foam to make EVERY shot hit the left flipper, you're making the game flow incorrectly.

I gotta say I'm with Mike on this one, the shot on my game never hits the post when it's at speed, and if it's slow, it collects the post and is deflected to the right. Seems flawless and works very nicely. If it's not as designed I'd be surprised, but in any event it works so well I'm more than happy with the shot being deflected on slow speed loops or failed left orbit shots. My friend who is rather more expert in these matters (and a heck of a player) absolutely loves it set that way too.
Vegemite Nick #123
sellenoff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

latecomer wrote:
runner1717 wrote:

Correct as stated above.

Just an FYI for folks contemplating this change.............

On a strong shot around the orbit, right to left, the ball should miss the post and hit the left flipper due to the curvature of the metal rail. If it's not, loosen the bottom of the METAL rail and push out while tightning it back up.

On a weak right to left shot (or one from the third flipper that hits the foam), the ball is SUPPOSED to hit the post and be deflected to the right flipper! This was designed to give more ramp shots, as we all know how important the ramp shot is to the game.

If you add more padding to the black foam to make EVERY shot hit the left flipper, you're making the game flow incorrectly.

I gotta say I'm with Mike on this one, the shot on my game never hits the post when it's at speed, and if it's slow, it collects the post and is deflected to the right. Seems flawless and works very nicely. If it's not as designed I'd be surprised, but in any event it works so well I'm more than happy with the shot being deflected on slow speed loops or failed left orbit shots. My friend who is rather more expert in these matters (and a heck of a player) absolutely loves it set that way too.

Just curious, are you saying your game didn't need adjusting?
CraigC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

once you lose a ball SDTM you'll think twice about not changing it.

I couldnt take it.

-c
latecomer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't need adjusting to play that way. And haven't had any SDTM losses due to failed loop shots. Maybe I'm just lucky! Smile
Vegemite Nick #123
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Tech Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: