Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Value of a BBB?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awarner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: The Value of a BBB? Reply with quote

I bought my game for my collection, and to play it. I only bought one other NIB pin before and that wasn't a good choice (SW:E1 - http://www.alsarcade.com/swe1/).

I've been watching them on eBay as I'm sure many of you have. I don't get one thing. Why are so many people selling them NOW? I understand that people have changes in their lives but that seems to be the excuse for all of the sales I've seen. If you bought in at the beginning, your game has easily doubled in price (apparently tripled if you leave it in the box).

If you bought this to make a profit, which I'm sure some did, why not wait until Chrismas to sell it. I really don't think the prices are going to continue to increase until there is a real good reason.

Does anyone have an opinion?
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I know, most of the NIB games that have been sold have been from those who managed to purchase more than one game. The HUO on Ebay was sold because on "financial" reasons.

I'm sure some people bought these as an investment and as such, are selling them now. I wouldn't expect to see a major price jump at Christmas. Collectors/buyers who know about BBB and want one will be buying it for themselves, not getting/giving it as a gift.
BBB #74
zaphod

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Why from me Reply with quote

I just listed mine on MrPinball classifieds. If I don't get what I am asking I'll be happy to keep the game. I never intended to sell it but the following thoughts changed my mind and ask for $6200 plus a nice condition Circus Voltaire.

I am about to take out a loan to pay the fall semester tuition at Penn State for my children (Tuition is $6669). This is not a financial issue for me but I asked myself the following question: Would I borrow $6200 and trade one of my favorite games to get a BBB.? My answer was no. So I listed the game on mrPinball because I feel that not selling the game is the same as borrowing and trading to get a BBB.

I'll miss the game but life is full of choices and this is a choice I'm willing to make.
Former BBB #115 owner.

Last edited by zaphod on Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bertl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The value is different for everybody. What somebody is willing to pay is not the same as anotherone is willing to pay for it.

I think people who sell now, want to make money using the first "hype". It took so long time to make this great game and there were so many positive replies about the good quality of the game, so potential buyers (collectors) are willing to pay double or higher price for NIB's.

I would also buy one - but not for that price. I will wait until somebody wants go sell his used one in half a year or in one or two years. Owning a pinball machine and selling it after a while to share it with others, instead of hiding it somewhere is common. The guest BBB i have in the moment is also there for everybody of my friends to play.

Brgds
Norbert
Kronis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume that for some people, to double your investment is an offer too good to pass up, even if it means giving up owning a piece of history. I don't fault them for it. Also, most of the sellers are not people who bought more than one machine, because that was discouraged upfront.

The way I look at it is, I spend almost three years with no return on $4500 investment. I can always go out and make more money, but there will never be a chance to own a BBB again. Oh, I suppose if I desperately needed $8k, I could sell now. But to buy one back again in ten years would easily cost $15-22k, and it wouldn't be MY game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: