Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FS: BBB Stuff (Merchandise)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mushroom

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no !! Smile
I said "What the h*ll" cause when I ordered my goodies I doubted long and hard whether to order a bat or not, and I didn't. Now I've had second thoughts ! Smile

No email from you dear friend ! Smile PM is the way to go apparently. Very strange cause I have no spam filter whatsoever. I already know where to send the $$, just let me know "the damage" Wink
BBB94

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vendor can't screen-print the front of the JPS/JPP (Jersey Polo), so those fronts will be embroidered, like the EPS/EPP - so now the main difference between EPS and JPS is fabric. Something about needing another set of screens. I'll change the info sheet to reflect the revised production limitation as soon as I can.
BBB94

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: PayPal is so annoying Reply with quote

Bad news regarding Paypal. I thought I had managed to set my account up so I could avoid the fees for this short-lived endevour. Part of this was an upgrade that removed the $500 withdrawal limit. Tonight I learned that although I can withdraw whatever I want, I could not accept more than $500 every 30 days - YEAH, THAT'S USEFUL - NOT!!!

So, I've had to upgrade the account further which means that I must now incur fees on all transactions. My margins are too thin to absorb these fees, so I have to pass the fees along.

Anyone paying via Paypal should add 3% to their payment amount. International orders should add 4% to their payment to cover what appears to be a 1% "cross-border" fee.

When I started this I knew I would be taking on some risk, but wanted to do it anyway because I love the art and therefore game. I would have done everything on a pre-order basis to minimize my risk, but that was just seeming too impractical. Based on orders and expenses to date and purchase commitments to vendors (I commited to certain quantities to minimize unit costs), I am $9,000 in the hole. I'm still just hoping to break even (which is the only way my wife would even consider letting me buy a Kingpin - just kidding - sort of - I think... Laughing ).
BBB94

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay vendors are driving me crazy...er (said like the Sir Psycho in MM).
-----------
After being told that they could not screen print the front of the Jersey Polos like they originally told me they could - guess what I found when I went through my shipment Friday night before pick-up day. DING DING DING yep Jersey Polos with screen printed fronts.

So the CAN screen-print the front of the JPS/JPP (Jersey Polo). Before I make the "final' changes to my order form, I need to make sure that they can screen print the front of the pocketed Jersey Polo. I'll keep you all up to date and I will email everyone whose orders may be affected by the outcome of this evolving annoyance.
--------------
40% of the glassware (beer mug and shot glasses) I got was defective so supplies are really limited now. Apperantly the defect rate is the only thing that the glassware vendor was consistant about. Anyway, this makes me real hesitant to attempt the more complex (4 color) Tubedancer glass.
------------

I also wanted say that the reason I mentioned that I was way in the hole on this project was because I didn't want people to think that I was trying to nickle and dime them on the Paypal fees just to make a fatter profit. If the mug vendor manages to screw me on the glassware credit, then those will have been sold for well below my actual cost.

Oddly enough, although I was initially trying so very hard to arrange things to ensure that I took on almost no risk, obviously in the end that just was not practical. Even if I end up loosing money on this, it will have been worth it, because I love the art of this game that much. Someone HAD to offer some if not all of this "Stuff". I would have regretted not doing it much more than I will regret loosing money if that ends up being the case. After the slightly surprising sales Saturday things are looking better for me, so we'll see.
mushroom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're da man, and I think you shouldn't take a loss on this. Let me know any extra charges and I'll gladly pay them. You shouldn't be punished for doing all this work.
BBB94

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bart, but that's okay. It is for the love of the game/art. I'm not looking to change my arrangement or pricing with my fellow buyers. I'm trying to figure out the fairness of refunding excess shipping if real charges end up being a lot less than what I charged, as it is not my intention to make money on shipping either. The estimated shipping charges were just another necessary evil to simplify and expedite things.

My plan is to keep the same prices through the end of the pre-order period (my current thought is June 18th) for the BBB Forum members. I am working on a version of the order form for RGP release and will increase prices slightly there and eliminate the Paypal passthrough fee. In addition to all the pre-orders, I will use that data (sizes, colors, options) to order enough extra Stuff to meet my contractual obligations. I will probably increase the price again a little on that Stuff and continue to sell direct and maybe on Ebay (or some competitor, since Ebay/Paypal are so annoying).
BBB94

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm extending the pre-order period (custom orders) through June 20th, 2007. I still have not had time to go public, despite Al's help in this area, but soon - I guess I need to stop spending time on the Forum - oooohhh shiny new topic Shocked

Also, I plan to offer a purple ballcap to Forum members. It will have the same embroidery options as the Twill or Dyed caps. It is a more expensive hat, but I think I can keep the price the same since the setup costs should be minimal or nil. I thought that some folks may want to consider stiffening the front of the purple caps with cardboard and use a set of them as toppers. Ball cap toppers if not secured in any fashion have the "benefit" of being a slow gradule tilt warning - they occasionally flop onto the glass - nothing a little tape or string wouldn't prevent.
BBB94

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been asked about the purple hats...

For now, if you want one, just send or amend your order and list purple as the color for either a dyed or twill hat, I will deal with it from there. I don't intend to offer these to the "public".
BBB94

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a friendly reminder, that if you want to order any custom apparel, you have two days left.

Please use the product information sheet and order form from the top of this thread, as the pricing is a little different (higher) if you use the forms from www.bbbstuff.com
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch, it seems I completely missed this BBB stuff sale Crying or Very sad bandhead
I have no idea how that happened, probably because there was a lot going on at home and I didn't read the forum in detail during that period.

Is there anything left, maybe because some stuff was ordered and never paid, or maybe you ordered some spares?
nworker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have the previously ordered items shipped yet?
BBB94

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I submitted the final orders on the 2nd. I was told the embroidery was under way. The screen printing should be done in about two weeks. All the remaining orders will ship shortly after that - now looking like early August.

BigBangJoe: Although it is too late for order custom "soft" goods, it is not too late overall. I did order a few extras of things. Send me your order and we'll see just how close we can get - although I may not know for sure until the goods come in and I can account for under-runs etc. I still have some of all the "hard" goods.
BBB94

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vendor told me that they should have the final order done in about 10 days. It will probably take a week to receive, check, sort, and pack everything. I've been shipping everything USPS Priority Mail, so everyone (non-international) should have everything in less than 3 weeks.
BBB94

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Yippee!! Reply with quote

I got the final shipment Friday. Everything that's been paid for (except a few special cases) should ship Monday (8/6/07).
BBB93

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BBB94... Looking forward to receiving the rest of the BBB "stuff".

Looking back, I am wondering if I ordered enough??? I wear the hats and shirts constantly Embarassed , I'm afraid I am going to wear them out. Shocked Shocked Laughing

Please let us know if you will have any left-over BBB Stuff for sale?

Thanks for doing this.

Bob S
BBB#93
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Advertising All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: