Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBB Video Project Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: BBB Video Project Update Reply with quote

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have been working feverishly on the Video. It is really coming along well. I'm at 1 hour and 29 minutes total length and I am up to BBB Pick-up (this is a really fun part). I spent 3 hours last night trimming Stan's lecture at Expo 05. I was able to acquire 63 seconds of wasted time. I know that it doesn't sound like much, but in reality it makes a difference in the flow of the video.

It's a long process. I really want to make this encompass the history of the game from inception to us playing them. I think that people who are part of it will be glad they were because it is a time capsule of this event, one that I'm sure will not be duplicated by anyone.

Unfortunatly, it will not be happening this month. You may have heard that Chris Bucci is doing a BBB review video and it's going to be on this disc as well because I'm quite sure that I couldn't come close to anything he could do.

But some of the highlights of this video is interviews with Gene, TOG, Kerry Stair, and others. We get to see parts being made, how production was accomplished, Shipping, Pick-Up, Etc. It was shot in PA, IL, and TX. Music was provided from the original source by Jeff Powell and scans of artwork were provided by Stan Fukuoka. I mean people really have helped me make this. Oh, and I don't want to leave out Bill Pfutzenreuter providing me with some interview time and keeping my facts straight. Shaggy and Paul interviewed people and Korn's criticisms and apology are both in there.

Anyway, it's coming along and it'll be cheap to buy. Just give me some time.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
latecomer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Al, looking forward to it!

Regards,
Nick
Vegemite Nick #123
spida

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys...........I have seen an early "rough draft" of this DVD. It is going to be awesome. All around a wonderful compilation on the entire BBB process. In many ways, it will be a piece of pinball history about a piece of pinball history.

Al, I am honored that you think that highly of my work. I just put stuff together with my home equipment so, it's nothing special. But, don't sell yourself short. What you're doing for this hobby and for BBB is nothing short of fantastic! I hope I can finish my video in time to include it in such a wonderful piece of pinball history.
awarner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Chris - Just keep working on your video! I'm not releasing without it.

The rough cut of me opening my box and playing my first game ran 9 minutes. Even I didn't want to watch it! It's now down to 3 minutes. With other compressions I've done, I'm still at about 1.5 hours. I'll need to contact a few more people about pictures/phone interviews. I totally dropped the ball on a couple of them, but it was because my Wife's Mom got real sick and everything else backed up around it.

Anyway, I'm at the glorious place of having edited everything that there is to edit. Other than some bumper titles, and the aforementioned "Post" content, I'm nearly done.

I need to contact Gene about "Final Stats" for the end credits and stuff.

I do believe I'll be on DVD creation by the end of the month.

And Paul (the other half of Pins and Vids) is going to do a bonus video about the trip to Gene's - that should be funny...

Oh, and BBB made another "Commercial" appearance: http://www.bobandbobinc.com/BobandBob01.mp4

The full video is on the download section of TopCast: http://www.marvin3m.com/topcast

Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: