Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is IPB going to do King Pin?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big bang bar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Is IPB going to do King Pin? Reply with quote

We have all heard talk of IPB doing Kinpin? I know IPB would probably outsource all the work. IPB are you still thinking of doing King Pin or is it a Dead issue?
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing around here is ever a dead issue.

There is still discussion on the subject, Gene just hasn't been able to decide if the project is feasible. Quite a bit of "homework" left to do.

k
kirklake13

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Volunteer work on Kingpin et. al. Reply with quote

I know that many people volunteered many hours to help Gene and company bring the BBB back into production. While I'm sure that would be the case again for any new attempt, Kingpin or any title, I'd just like to say that I am so impressed with the job done on BBB that I'd be more than willing to volunteer my time or otherwise help in any way I can to promote this hobby and to resurrect older Capcom titles. Just ask whenever you are ready, but know that at least one more set of hands is available. captkirk BBB #78
BBB #102
The Other Guy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to be confussed...

I thought IPB made and sold pinball parts.

The paperwork I have for my BBB is from Pinball Manufacturing. Am I missing something???
awarner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes TOG,

You ARE confussed... You missed the memo, PMI is a division of IPB. See it says it right here:

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=big+bang+Bar&searchtype=quick#5244

-Al-

Note: I offered to document the PMI BBB for ipdb when I found out the June 2, date. They declined stating it was not going to happen and would update it if it ever did... So my comment is more of a jab at them than you TOG!
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
latecomer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awarner wrote:
Yes TOG,

You ARE confussed... You missed the memo, PMI is a division of IPB. See it says it right here:

Well I described it as:

Pinball Manufacturing Inc [Trade Name: PMI] associated with llinois Pin Ball Incorporated (2000) [Trade Name: IPB]

When I sent them the photos and info (which was subject obviously to some editorial input it appears). I think "associated with" was a better way to describe it?
Vegemite Nick #123
CraigC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would buy one.

-c
awarner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to guess, in the ebb and flow of the Kingpin project, the project is in a valley right now. It had been higher before, but I think it's chances are lower right now. This is just from what info I have, I have not asked anyone about it. There was a point, where I'm sure it was about to become a reality, but things changed. I wouldn't count it out yet though. Gene has proved to to be very resourceful. And of course, if Gene says he'll do it, he will do it. But the official announcement never came and I know why. So I guess it's just a wait and see thing. I can't afford a $7K game though. That's for sure.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
rhayes1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I would like to see a Kingpin get done, I could not afford a $7000 game either. It was all I could do to commit $4500, but then, it was for a BIg BAng BAr.

Rob Hayes
BBB#18
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a CONVERSION kit? Wired playfield, ROMs and a translite. Not sure about shooter configuration.

This would limit your buyers to current BBB owners but would cost a LOT less to produce and if priced right, I'm sure most BBB owners would buy one. This also solves the board re-engineering problem (I think).
BBB #74
metallik

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buyers wouldn't be limited to BBB owners - PM and Airborne games could be used as hosts for a KP playfield as well.
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it might just be Airborne and MAYBE Flipper Football (with a head replacement) that could be used. There is something different about the CPU board in PM. I think it's a surface mount chip with a different revision or something. TOG mentioned it at Texas and I'd have to review that tape to find out what it is.
metallik

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh ok.. wasn't aware of the CPU revisions. All the more reason for me to hang onto the Flipper Football I glommed onto.

I'd love to see Kingpin made, if nothing more than to get more CPU boards :) I'd seriously consider buying one, but the price might be a bit steep. Have to see what the situation is if/whenever an announcement is made. Frankly, right now I think the whole Cunningham family should take as much as a break as IPB will let them... :)
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I wouldn't be able to resist ordering a Kingpin, and I definately would like to see new replacement boards, as the original one WILL break one day. If we want to play BBB in 30 years, then someone will have to reproduce the boards.

I don't mind if it takes a few more years before this project starts, as I don't have the money for it right now.

I don't think Kingpin is as good as BBB, but it is still more than good enough to put in any gameroom.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: