Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

High Scores not holding...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
awarner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: High Scores not holding... Reply with quote

I have a problem that I don't know how to fix. My high scores don't seem to stay if the machine is turned off for a few days. All of my other settings stay, but high scores disappear. Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
metallik

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh.. so this has happened to someone else as well. It's not a power issue - I lost my scores *between* games. Was playing, had about 3 crappy games in a row, and suddenly I'm being asked to enter my initials for a whopping 43M game. Everything related to SCORE was reset to zero - all high scores, all buyins, all weak kidney, underground and big bang tallies - all zero. On the other hand, ALL audits stayed - game time, balls played, drain counts, etc.

Only 350 games on the odometer so I doubt it's a periodic wipe, plus there are no adjustments to even set this option.

It's either a marginal component on the board, or a software bug. I'm leaning towards bug since it didn't kill all the RAM contents. Does anyone know if scores and audits are somehow stores seperatly?
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, me too; lost high scores and associated data, but all other settings remained intact.

Tony
BBB #39
lyonspinball

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: HigH score reset Reply with quote

I am having the same problem . Any ideas before I tear into this thing.
Thanks
metallik

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only idea I can say right now is hold off on that 'tearing into' since there's a chance it could be a bug in BBB's code. I have a Flipper Football and Breakshot, and neither has lost scores in all the time I've owned them. I know the CPU is compatible between at least FF and BBB, the BS board may also be compatible. If I get a chance, I'll try swapping the BBB roms into one of those and see if it barfs again.

Wasn't there another version of BBB code, and if so, is anyone running it?
awarner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a 1.8 ROM set that I just found on my hard drive. I guess I'll burn a set of them tonight to test. Gene had said that the 1.9's were faster at one point. It looks like there are only two ROMs different. I'll give it a go and let y'all know.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
Kerry Richard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem too.

I did a factory re-set...then I re-adjusted my personal settings (flippers, solenoid settings etc.).

It was/is very weird.

Kerry Richard #111
awarner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I burned two 1.8 Chips tonight. They are in there working. I'll let everyone know what I find different and if I loose my scores or not.

-Al-
waltr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here,I lost all of my settings also.The same has happened to my LOTR twice but not in the last 2 years.
But,In my BBB, I also now only have a one ball BIG BANG. Also only scores X1 too. Sad
I have reset everything else but can't find any settings to go back to the 4 ball BIG BANG.I sure hope there is,a one ball Big Bang sucks.
Anyone know how to correct it back to the 4 ball Big Bang?
Thanks!
BBB#12
metallik

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you check the shooter lane to see if it kicked out another ball? You have to plunge them yourself...
waltr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,
It does kick out another ball,but for some reason, I thought that if I left the ball in the shooter lane,the Big Bang still registered 4 balls playing and it counted down as they were lost and then shot out.
It could be this CRS syndrome that strikes me from time to time too.
I'll plunge out the balls in the lane next time and It'll probably be fine.
Thanks again.
BBB#12
metallik

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you have to plunge them yourself. Or, you can cheat like that one fella suggested... plunge the balls enough to get them off the switch til it kicks out all three... play with one ball with 3x scoring :)

If you don't plunge any, I assume it plays 1x scoring til the ballsaver runs out, then back to normal play.
waltr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If you don't plunge any, I assume it plays 1x scoring til the ballsaver runs out, then back to normal play."

Yup,it does.
And the machine plays fine.Just a brain cloud on my behalf.
Thanks!

The high scores now seem to be holding.
Time will tell.
BBB#12
awarner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Back on Topic... Reply with quote

Bad news on this problem. Capcom used a Lithium backed RAM on the CPU board. They were designed for about 5 years life. They are prolly dead. The worst part about this design is that they are a soldered chip. I am also under the impression that they are more difficult to find than they once were. I'll bet that most of us that are having the problem, are unplugging our games (or in my case, throwing a wall switch to turn them off). It's also possible that some of the batteries are still working to some degree. Next step? I'm planning to talk to a few friends to see what they think.

-Al-
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al, search this forum for "onchip battery" - there's a thread there about the battery situation that could be read as meaning we're not in imminent danger of loosing battery backup on our games.

BTW, I only had one loss of high scores, and I can't correlate it to power loss. And since the main switch does appear to disconnect EVERYTHING then simply turning the game off would contribute to the problem occuring.

Tony
BBB #39
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Tech Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: