Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alien Locks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trick72

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Alien Locks Reply with quote

Hi,
I can't get my alien locks to work at all making the game unplayable. no single ball which goes to the aliens works. the "blue" alien simply sits too high, the ball cannot get in there. It is stuck on the mouth because it's higher than the ramp-end. I don't see any way I could lower the alien. The green alien does receive the ball in its mouth, but when trying to release it, it ALWAYS falls in between the two aliens, and this stucks the alien motor because the ball sits in the way. This cannot be a good thing!(because this ALWAYS happens it's useless for me to play a game with the glass on because I have to be real quick to release the stuck ball and keep the motor from jamming.)
When I manually place a ball in the blue aliens mouth and press the switch to see how this alien releases the ball, it dribbles of the ramps landing on top of whatever it falls into.
I tried various levels of steepness, and left/right angles but I don't see any real progress. Do you guys all have working alien lock assemblies? Any thoughts?

Thank you
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there are a pair of set screws in the back of each alien that secures it to its shaft. You might try loosening these on the alien that is too high and see if it will slide further down on the shaft. If not, remove the alien from the shaft and see if perhaps there is plastic flash or other stuff in the shaft bore that prevents the alien from being fully seated on the shaft.

Tony
BBB #39
trick72

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I see the holes at the back of the aliens, but there are NO set screws in them. I pushed the alien as far as it goes and it is now somewhat more level with the plastic ramp entrance.
I was wondering, is it only me that doesn't have those set screws?

I have set the game a little steeper so the aliens drop the balls more or less on the rail. The only thing that happens sometimes is that the ball does not have enough momentum to reach the aliens mouth and rests somewhere on the plastic ramp in front of the mouth.

jadziedzic wrote:
I believe there are a pair of set screws in the back of each alien that secures it to its shaft.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Tech Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: