Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kingpin, BBB Counts, Etc. from Gene

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awarner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Kingpin, BBB Counts, Etc. from Gene Reply with quote

I talked to Gene last night and he told me that they are still deciding whether making Kingpin would be feasible or not but a decision would come soon because of a few things they were working out. He said that the price is looking like $8K for the world and $7.5K for BBB owners at this time if they do it. I told him it was out of my range. There are 2 different companies that they are looking at to do the actual build. I asked about the CPU boards and he said that he had worked out the "How" on that, but there was considerable cost in doing it. It all will factor into the cost. They are building a couple of rough prototypes to work out the details with and they still have a few unanswered questions but this is not a dead issue.

The official count of BBBs produced is at 185 right now. An additional 5 machines will be built for Christmas / Expo / Gene's Show sales so when that happens, we will be at 190 total.

So there's a post update update!
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize the costs involved with the limited run, but even with Gene's track record of producing BBB, it'll be a tough sell at $7.5K-$8K.

I'm out at that price...
BBB #74
awarner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you say that Robert. When I told him I couldn't afford it, he said "You'll figure a way to come up with the money". I couldn't figure the way to come up with another $4500 if I wanted to right now. I'm just going to have to enjoy the BBB even more now.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
spida

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm, unfortunately, with you guys. As much as I would LOVE to get a Kingpin, that's just not going to happen. In many ways, it's not so much that I CAN'T sell some things to get the machine (let's face it.......I've always got things to part with). I just WON'T pay that much for any machine........ever.

Smile
Kerry Richard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm out too.

I would love a KP but can't pull it off at $7,500.

Kerry Richard #111
christian1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be the minority here, but at $7,500 I'm in for a Kingpin, would love to have the pair side by side in my gameroom.

Jon
BBB #10
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would LOVE to have them together as well, but there's a limit to what I can pay for any game. I don't have a MM for that same reason right now. I had a chance to buy an awesome MM for $4K that I had shopped for a guy and I couldn't afford it at the time. That opportunity has seriously passed! But I understand why Gene has to charge that, I just know I can't afford it. Oh, and if you can afford it - More power to ya!

-Al-
tcat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a lot of money for a pinball machine. If the payment was stretched out over a year or more as it was being built and the money due could be broken into three or four installments, I would be much more inclined to be in on this deal as well.

Harold
BBB #132
metallik

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love for KP to get made, if nothing else than a supply of spare CPU boards ... that said, I played the one at CAX, and while it was fun, it wasn't $7500 fun. I'd likely be out at that price also. The 4500 for BBB is the most I've spent on a game and I doubt I could go 7 large for KP.

Did he say how many need to be ordered at 8K to make the project a go? There may be enough interested people out in RGP land to make it possible.
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that Gene is at the "Number of games" point yet. The CPU board is an issue. He is going to try and get a prototype with side art and a Marquee. They have to design the ramps from scratch as well. He has a playfield (as some of you saw). I think he said the plastics were there as well. I think it's going to be a much bigger task because of the lack of original plans and the fact that they don't have a game right there to use. It's going to take a lot more engineering. Now do I think they can pull it off, absolutely. Will it run longer than six months? WAY Absolutely. I must say, TOG is a great engineer and problem solver. He especially can pull it off. But there are other hurdles in the way now. We'll see. I'll have to be happy just to play one.

-Al-
kirklake13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: KP Reply with quote

If the total run was identified up front and the game quality is as good as BBB, then a $7,500 investment, while significant, would be worth considerably more NIB. Look at the the BBB pricing, $4,500 brought to sellers anywhere from $9,500 to $13,500. I'd bet that KP would do at least $10k out of the gate if the total run was kept low.

That being said. If I was asked to buy in, I would. Track record means eveything to me. I'd be buying to play and collect, not to sell.
BBB #102
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: