Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone have any decal wrinkling issues around the legs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Anyone have any decal wrinkling issues around the legs? Reply with quote

I was perusing Al's photos (thanks Al!) and noticed the following picture -

The wrinkling around the left leg is pretty severe.

Now I *still* haven't set up my game but have a set of clear PinCab protectors for when I do.

I wanted to find out if anyone has had wrinkling issues and if so, did you use any protectors on the legs.
BBB #74
CraigC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope no wrinkling yet.

i do always make sure to shove the leg as far up as it will go before bolting it on to minimize shifting.

-c
metallik

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have had no problems at all, and the tilt bob on mine gets a pretty good workout ("Out with the trash!"). The key is exactly what Craig said - when installing, jam the legs up as far as they'll go on the bolts before tightening the bolts, and then tighten the bolts firmly.. not enough to strip the plates, but you want the legs *tight*. It looks like that person installed the legs while the cabinet was up on a lift.. the legs will naturally "hang" at the lowest end of the slop in the holes. As soon as you lower the cabinet, the legs scootch up to the extent of the slop, and wreck your decals.
BBB93

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No wrinkling on mine either. I used the (black) plastic protectors and have not has any problems. Like others said, make sure the legs are pushed all the way up before you tighten.

Bob S
BBB94

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No wrinkling yet, I use custom home made felt protectors and make sure I push the leg all the way up as it is tightened.

Gene's game may not have always received the most gentle of treatment during the production process, shows, etc... I think it has a lot of miles on it.
unigroove

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly the decals have wrinkled on my game Sad Even after I cut the shape of the legs out in them. Best way to avoid wrinkling: attached the legs, but bolds not tight at all. Set the game on legs and them tighten the bolds...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: