Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Progress

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Progress Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kstair

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Progress Reply with quote

Yesterday Jeff, Fred and Rick all helped disassemble the original and tear it down to its individual components. (Golly I hope I can put that thing back together
So with that done we compared the new playfield to the old. There were some minor differences but overall it looks pretty incredibly dang sharp.

Using paper we transfered the dimple marks to an aluminum plate. Now we can dimple playfields. Simultaneously Fred is matching parts to make sure we have "everything".

Once we have everything then we will build a half dozen or so and test them. Once those couple test successfully then production will begin in earnest !!

Alot of people are asking about production. Great to see the interest guys !!! I wish I could nail a date for you but this is a big project. We are not Stern so there is a sharp learning curve on all this. Your patience will be rewarded Very Happy

Its very hard looking at all these goodies not to get pretty charged up . . . but so far I'm managing not to drool everywhere.

Kerry

Mantis Amusements
bspins

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kick ass, Kerry. I'm not sure if I'm more excited about the progress being made or the fact that you are now involved.

Now, get back to work.
Bryan Kelly Former BBB #123
CraigC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Progress Reply with quote

differences in art or location of holes?

Art i don't care THAT much about....holes could cause lots of problems with alignment.

Are these differences changes between the cad drawings for capcom's proposed production playfield vs Gene's proto machine?

-c
kstair

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art matched up well. Art was not as centered on some of the cutouts but overall effect is transparent to the end user as most of the spots are covered up with plastics etc. Some circular inserts were slightly larger . . . very minor stuff ! holes were all dead on ! thats what mattered. A few colors were a shade different but overall very nice !! I see no disappointments here at all ! At this point there is nothing we can do anyway

Kerry

Mantis Amusements
nworker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry,

I can only imagine the drool problem. I have it really bad just looking at the computer monitor. I can only imagine what it is like to see it in person!

"Using paper we transfered the dimple marks to an aluminum plate. Now we can dimple playfields"

How do you 'dimple' the aluminum plate?

Thanks,

Hank
kstair

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have clarified. Paper is transfered to aluminum and then aluminum is drilled in the same pattern. Then you can punch through the aluminum into the playfield.

Kerry

Mantis Amusements
BBB93

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Progress Reply with quote

kstair wrote:
Yesterday Jeff, Fred and Rick all helped disassemble the original and tear it down to its individual components. (Golly I hope I can put that thing back together
So with that done we compared the new playfield to the old. There were some minor differences but overall it looks pretty incredibly dang sharp.

I suspect some of the "differences" that Kerry talks about were some of the same issues that I wrote about back in May or June (Geesh, I forget exactly when it was now) when I had a chance to visit Bob and Steve and write up a review about the playfeild and cabinet art. If anyone is interested I can dig out the copy of that review and post it or email it to you.

PS. Kerry, Thanks for the update

Bob Stemmler #93
BBB94

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news. Thanks for the update.
runner1717

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Progress Reply with quote

Quote:
If anyone is interested I can dig out the copy of that review and post it or email it to you.

Bob,

I'd be interested in seeing your review again. Can you post it again please?

Thanks!
CraigC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry, thanks for the clarification. That's very good news. You'll never know the color differences, but you would notice gameplay problems with holes in the wrong places.

I would be interested in what part changes capcom made between proto and production... Like changing ramps, mechs etc. I believe the production BOM and drawings were used for this project.

I know that your time is better used elsewhere so maybe when your hands get tired from dimpling playfields Wink

-c

kstair wrote:
Art matched up well. Art was not as centered on some of the cutouts but overall effect is transparent to the end user as most of the spots are covered up with plastics etc. Some circular inserts were slightly larger . . . very minor stuff ! holes were all dead on ! thats what mattered. A few colors were a shade different but overall very nice !! I see no disappointments here at all ! At this point there is nothing we can do anyway

Kerry
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Progress Updates All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: