Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone still read this forum?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
irbgolfin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up Al, I wasn't aware of a compatibility issue with LEDs. I have used a few on other games, I have primarily late model Bally Williams (TAF/TZ are the oldest).

Does that hold for flashers as well? The access to a few of the bulbs is going to be very tough. The GIs near the aliens and the tube flasher come to mind. I was thinking when the time comes I would consider replacing with LEDs so that hopefully it would only have to be done once.

As for the center mode light, I have checked a couple of things and tried hard to move it so that it doesn't touch the metal plate. Some last longer than others, but I can't find any rhyme or reason. I've probably put in about 10 bulbs there and maybe 1 or 2 elsewhere on the entire game. At least it's easy access.
Bertl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: I still check Reply with quote

latecomer wrote:
blubboman wrote:
Seeing that cabinet on Ebay got me excited again about it.
blubbo

What cabinet was that?

Check this item # 110363250767

Original KP Cabinet, Backbox and Arch for USD 404.99. Pretty cheap, i thought it would go higher.

Brgds
Norbert
latecomer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, that was cheap, although a limited market I guess.
Vegemite Nick #123
RatherPlayPinball

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still checking in.

My BBB is collecting dust, just don't play it often. Good thing, if spare parts are tough to get.

Jack #58 (I think)
tcat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check this forum about once every week or two. I have less than 50 games on my BBB. A major home renovation has stopped all pinball activities for now. I did manage to install all of the pinbits mods. I have also been asking and emailing for the spare parts to no avail.

Harold BBB # 132
harrrrrrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Still on solid food and still checking the bbb website ;) Reply with quote

Yes, I too check in regularly... once or twice a month. No idea how many games we've played. My BBB needs a bit of work as the last time played it would not serve balls to the shooter lane Sad Too busy to give it the attention it needs but hope to when summer rolls around.

Did receive one of IPBs MM playfields... I think they did a great job with it. Very pleased.

John
latecomer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Still on solid food and still checking the bbb website ; Reply with quote

harrrrrrr wrote:

Did receive one of IPBs MM playfields... I think they did a great job with it. Very pleased.

John

I organised a bunch of 10 MM playfields in a bulk shipment of 28 down under a few months ago, and everyone was happy with them. Got me a BBB playfield too, not sure it'll ever be needed, hard to wear one out in a home environment.
Vegemite Nick #123
rjb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still checking the forum and enjoying the game.
BBB#11
rhayes1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check this forum every week or two. Not sure how many games I've played, but it really only gets used 2 or 3 times a year at parties. I've been burning out lights on Ray's Ball Buster inserts.

Rob Hayes
Clawson,MI
christian1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone still read this forum? Reply with quote

I'm pretty much like everyone else, still have my game and check the forum once every week or two.

Jon

robertwinter wrote:
If you're reading this topic, please post a reply. I'm curious how many people still access this forum. Tell us if you still have your game and if so, how many total plays it has.

I spoke with Kim two days ago (they're shipping my MM playfield) and she asked about my BBB. Yes, it's *still* in a sealed box. No plans on selling it, life just got really busy once our second child arrived! Decided to downsize the gameroom a bit to make room for a play area so my lack of pin-space got even worse.

It's funny how I used to check this forum 5 or 6 times a day. Now I casually peruse it briefly maybe once a week. Kinda miss all that excitement.

BBB #10
BBB93

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't check the forum as much as I used to... that's for SURE!

Back before the games were delivered and the forum was at its peak, I would log in MANY times every day. On my desk at work, I have one of those calendar pads that you write on. Everytime I would log out, I would make a note about the number of posts, that way when I went back to the site, I could tell by the post counter if there was anything new. Embarassed

My BBB has about 400 plays on it, everything is holding up great, no issues to speak of at all.

Still a lot of great info and people here.

Bob Stemmler
kirklake13

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check in every now and then to see what's going on. I'm still trying to pry the BBB parts I ordered from Kim last august Sad Just can't figure out what the deal is. I need the ramp arrows.

captkirk
BBB #78
BBB #102
awarner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirklake13 wrote:
I check in every now and then to see what's going on. I'm still trying to pry the BBB parts I ordered from Kim last august Sad Just can't figure out what the deal is. I need the ramp arrows.

captkirk
BBB #78

I think the Ramp Arrows are out of stock. It's a big problem because they are so costly to make. I'll see what I can find out about them since I want to put a new ramp on my game as well.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: