Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just Checking In...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awarner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Just Checking In... Reply with quote

Been a long time since anyone has written anything here. I have been restoring a few EM pins and I have a Ball Bowler that will take a ton of work to get going again in the wings. Two of my video games have monitor issues so that's another thing to figure out. Still working on Pins and Vids 4 but my co-host has been very busy so it's going slow.

Still play a game of BBB from time to time. Still the most amazing looking game I've ever seen!

-Al Warner-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
BBB94

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings all. To some extent I suppose the lack of activity could be a good thing - maybe it means the games are holding up pretty darn well.
latecomer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBB94 wrote:
Greetings all. To some extent I suppose the lack of activity could be a good thing - maybe it means the games are holding up pretty darn well.

Tend to agree. I play mine fairly regularly, and still enjoy its humor very much, and really had nothing to do on it since it arrived (once tweaked).

Having put Coconut Island to bed (see, Aussies can make pinball machines! Smile we're working on NPC-002, a theme I think will be well received.

Held out hopes for Kingpin, and might not have been in vein.. .. .. Wink
Vegemite Nick #123
BBB94

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with your projects (or have forgotten), could you post a link to where your endevours are documented?

Also, talked to Gene this past weekend and it sounds like he still has hopes of doing Kingpin, Wizard Blocks and maybe more. I think he might try WB 1st due to percieved lower costs etc.

I think with the ever increasing knowledge in and production of MPU/CPU emulation or replacement boards Kingpin will only get easier and easier to do at lower costs.
----
As a side I switched my profile to "Always notify me of replies", which is handy given the lower activity levels - I wish there was a notify of new topic or post feature too.

As another aside, I met your mates from PinballSparePartsAustralia.com (what a mouth/keyboard full) at Expo. For those that don't know, these are the folks that bought most of Gene's parts. They seemed like really nice folks. I think they bought 5 or 6 BBBs while here to take back to Aussieland. I will have to reach out to them and see if they will say what the average purchase price was, and what the average price of the ones they sell ends up being.
latecomer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBB94 wrote:
I'm not familiar with your projects (or have forgotten), could you post a link to where your endevours are documented?

This is our little site - most of the work is documented under the "Construction" tab -

http://www.users.on.net/~spaners/Coconut%20Island/index.html

Towards the end a lot of updates were also posted on the aussiepinball.com forum where I am "pinies4me" - you don't need to join to read the Coconut Island threads (they are the only open sections), although you would be welcome, it's a bunch of very nice guys. Might be worthwhile too as Mark Culbert who you met from pinballspareparts (who is a friend of mine) is the major sponsor and posts there about the parts as they are listed first (and offers specials to members) -

www.aussiepinball.com
Vegemite Nick #123
BBB94

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not get to talk to Mark much. Damien is a riot. I didn't get to talk to John (?) much, or the other guy at all. I met Tim at the Bloomington, IL sale, he was a very nice guy too.
BBB94

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like the Aussies grabbed 4 BBBs while here: 3 regs and 1 "gold". The average price on the regs was around $10k, $14k for the gold.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: