Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A new high?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: A new high? Reply with quote

I saw this ad on Mr Pinball this morning:
Quote:

Big Bang Bar, 2006 Capcom:  $17K
Still new in box. The box top has never been opened. I am the original owner, and yes the price is not a typo. Probably the most valuable game out there, and this one is still in the original unopened box. Not super interested in selling, but it would be nice to have the space and $$.
B Mccullough
athens95@hotmail.com, Cincinnati, Ohio

Is this the highest one offerered for sale? I'm not complaining or anything - I would love to hear that the seller got his asking price. But for a PMI non brass game, I think this might be the highest asking price ever.
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
Bertl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

I'm pretty sure he will find somebody who pays this price.

Brgds
Norbert
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertl wrote:
Shocked

I'm pretty sure he will find somebody who pays this price.

Brgds
Norbert

I've already been offered more than that from a reputable buyer for my NIB BBB..
BBB #74
BBB94

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fist time I read the add, I thought it was a really low price for a real *Capcom* machine. Then I thought, how could one of the prototypes still be NIB - why would a proto be NIB? Then I realized that it was a "high" price for a PMI one and that it wasn't a very clear ad - although I guess it does say 2006, which I missed the 1st time.

If our host has been offered more, then I guess it is not a "high" price.
BIGBANGBAR84

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: BBB $17k-Let me introduce myself Reply with quote

I offered Barrington a close offer to the $$$ and after speaking to him he was reluctant to sell it as he never thought he would, it's only still in the box because he wanted to do his games room up first. My advice to him was open it, play it, enjoy it!

Hi I'm Dave Bishop, I'm over in the UK, I've recently managed to find an buy BBB#84 from a private collection over her in the UK with only 233 plays from new.

Only had the game 2 weeks and haven't played it that much as working, but got some holiday, coming up so going to get some pin time in. Although first mpressions are that it is my kinda game with good humour and great artwork/toys
awarner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Welcome! Reply with quote

Welcome Dave!

The forum is a lot quieter than it used to be, but the people are top notch. What's realy good is to go back and read the forum while we were all still waiting for games to be completed. It was an interesting time when certain people in the industry were so jealous that Gene was succeeding that they did everything they could think of to ruin the dream.

In the end, it all worked out!
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
awarner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine here in GA bought a BBB last month. I helped him set it up. Neat to see another one in GA. 2 of the original GA BBBs live in Australia now. As far as I know, there are 3 in GA now.

-Al-
BBB94

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much $$ and was it NIB?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: