Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gene is in Chapter 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awarner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Gene is in Chapter 7 Reply with quote

Just letting anyone know that didn't know, that Gene filed for Chapter 11 and was converted to Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. That's all from me on this.
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
vincz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you explain ?

IPB is out ?
i come in october to chicago and hope to meet gene
Bertl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a looong thread already in pinside forum with a lot of very unnecessary comments.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/illinois-pinballare-they-done

Chapter 11 is that there is still a chance to recover the business, Chapter 7 means bankrupcy and biz will be closed.

Brgds
Norbert Sad
BIGBANGBAR84

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Will BBB be remade... Again Reply with quote

With Gene in Chapter 11, do we think that Gene will sell the Capcom rights?

Will BBB be remade?
Bertl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as i know, Gene paid USD 30.000,00 for the rights back in ???. Including a lot of parts. (esp. boards)

But some artwork is not included in these rights.

Nowadays I think you will have to pay a lot more for the rights and you have no parts anymore.

Re-designing boards etc. will be too costy for a resonable pricing.

So i think this is done. Crying or Very sad
BIGBANGBAR84

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: BBB plastics Reply with quote

OK, so can I try and get some BBB plastics remade!?

I would be interested where plastic sets are made?
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dust is settling. Rick from Planetary Pinball and a backer bought out everything Gene had including BBB parts. Some of it is on Bay Area Amusements site. Gene is EXTREMELY broke, I mean he has NOTHING. Also, there is no proof that he had the rights to make BBB. He just said he did and no one contested it. And another little piece of information that is ONLY for you guys (no Pinside recopy) - Stan Fukuoka *should* have been paid for use of his artwork on BBB but wasn't because he couldn't find the paperwork that Capcom gave him saying he was still the owner. Python advised him not to give up his rights to it (artists stick together). Again - keep this out of the public eye, I'd get in trouble for saying much of it but we're all buds, right?
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
vincz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan is a great guy and a artist,
probably Rick is also on this forum, he has already bought few year ago BBB
i will meet Stan at the next pinball expo, for the moment
he don't know of any plans to produce more BBB games.
BIGBANGBAR84

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awarner wrote:
The dust is settling. Rick from Planetary Pinball and a backer bought out everything Gene had including BBB parts. Some of it is on Bay Area Amusements site. Gene is EXTREMELY broke, I mean he has NOTHING. Also, there is no proof that he had the rights to make BBB. He just said he did and no one contested it. And another little piece of information that is ONLY for you guys (no Pinside recopy) - Stan Fukuoka *should* have been paid for use of his artwork on BBB but wasn't because he couldn't find the paperwork that Capcom gave him saying he was still the owner. Python advised him not to give up his rights to it (artists stick together). Again - keep this out of the public eye, I'd get in trouble for saying much of it but we're all buds, right?

It's a real shame Gene is broke. Looking at the stuff Planetary is selling , Gene had quite a collection of stuff. Which he could have sold on.

I lost count of how many times I emailed and rang, speaking with Kim about BBB spares with a "yeah we have those and I will get back to you" but she never did. I know I am not the only one. They could have sold off the huge amount of stuff and still have IPB. Looking at the Playfields Gene had he could have worked with CPR, Mirco and had a deal going. Rick bought IPB for $500,00 apparently. The pinballs and parts look to be worth more than that. Was Gene a massive hoarder!?
awarner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't comment in even this forum about Gene had. There was a lot of deals that went wrong and if anyone wants to know stories, I'll PM them. It was an UGLY mess, I'll say that.
vincz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

500,00$ , great price for a great collection and parts

do you remember when you speak with Gene if BBB will be make again in the future.
he has say; no
now after 10 years past, the possibility to make again is eventually possible.
i think all BBB collector will be betrayed with TPF and it's not a good idea currently
awarner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know some people with the means to make more BBBs and probably enhance the software as well. That said; If it happens it won't be anytime soon. They have other projects on the plate right now. Other than them, I don't think anyone else could pull it off (or want to). I think Kingpin would come first though (but again, not anytime soon)...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: