Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pins and Vids Video Magazine #1 Now Available

View previous topic :: View next topic  
awarner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Pins and Vids Video Magazine #1 Now Available Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,

I have just released a new video on DVD. It's called Pins and Vids Video Magazine #1 and it's available now at http://www.pinsandvids.com.

This is a two hour video with interviews and neat stuff that you will not see elsewhere. I have been working on parts of this for over 2 years now and its time has come. And, the video is available for only $6.00 (higher outside the US). That includes shipping and everything. Six Bucks! If you have a PayPal account, you can literally buy this thing in less than 2 minutes.

All of the profit is going to help build the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas.

Please take a look at the website and consider getting one of these. I do not make one thin dime on any of this; all of your money goes to preserving Pinball. If we sell enough of these, we'll do another one. That will be cool!

Thanks for reading,

-Al-

Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks fun! Order has been sent.
BBB #74
awarner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: 50 Have Been Sold! Reply with quote

I can't believe it, but 50 Pins and Vids Discs have already been sold. That is just too cool! That's $300 going to the bottom line of the PHOF! Thanks to any of you who ordered. You have made the work worthwhile! Tim is making 50 more. I think Gene should be interviewed in the next one. Opinions?

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 50 Have Been Sold! Reply with quote

awarner wrote:
I think Gene should be interviewed in the next one. Opinions?

I think if there was some kind of documentary about the remaking of BBB (once the games are delivered), those DVDs would sell pretty well too!
BBB #74
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: 50 Have Been Sold! Reply with quote

robertwinter wrote:
I think if there was some kind of documentary about the remaking of BBB (once the games are delivered), those DVDs would sell pretty well too!

Yes, but then someone should start shooting video right now. It's impossible to make a video afterwards if you don't have any footage. A video with only interviews is not so interesting. A "real" documentary should also show work in progress stuff. Does anybody with a decent camera live close enough to Illinois to go over there once every few weeks and do some filming? Sounds really fun to do...
awarner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Agreed Reply with quote

I would love to be able to head up there and get some shots, but unfortunatly, I'm in GA. If anyone can get some video, please contact me. I'll be glad to put it together and help in any way. If Gene shows up at Expo, I'll be glad to get a talk with him to add to it. I think we could do a nice hour on this if we can get someone to get some footage. Digital Camcorder would be the best.

-Al-
greg_888

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pins and vids

well done Al...... much enjoyed

and was it just me or did anyone else
fall off the couch when they watched "SPACEPORT"

that was the Funniest thing that l have seen in a long time
l thought l would wet myself laughing,

if you have more stuff like that please include it on Vol .2

spaceport even now it makes me laugh
awarner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Spaceport Reply with quote

Spaceport - Is that classic or what? The history I have on it is as such:

A friend of mine, Rob in PA "Dumpster Dove" when they closed out the last of the Spaceport arcades. They were a chain in NJ, PA, and I think NY. I think the slides were taken at the Cherry Hill Mall, in Cherry Hill NJ. There was a HUGE Bally's arcade across the street from the Mall that prolly really hurt Spaceport. Anyway, I got the slides and a cassette tape about a year ago in the mail after a conversation I had with Rob on the phone. I scanned all of the slides - 3 at a time doing 12-15 every night (with cleaning and separating). After I had them separated, I digitized the tape to a big .WAV file. Then I loaded the slides into Pinnacle Studio 9 Plus and added the sound, and retimed the slides to match. Then a few transitions were added and titles.

Unfortunatly, I don't think I'll see anything that compares again. Jim Schelberg at the Pingame Journal called me and went nuts over it when I sent him a preliminary copy. I really think it's a cool part of Arcade History.

-Al-

PS - $6.00 Shipped at http://www.pinsandvids.com - Money all goes to charity! PayPal takes 30 seconds!
harrrrrrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... another order on its way. Nice that $ are going to PHF. Thanks.

John
awarner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Money for PHOF Reply with quote

I just want to add that all $6 go into the PHOF fund. Tim Arnold is making and sending the discs using his own money. The last count I had from him was 71 discs sold on this past Sunday; that was after 1 week. I was floored. Oh, and I've put a request in for an interview with someone we've all put a lot of trust in. Hopefully the details will get worked out.

Thanks,

-Al-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Advertising All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: