Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another round of pictures...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Progress Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Another round of pictures... Reply with quote

Thanks to Kati for sending these. I don't have much detail other than the filenames themselves so here goes -

These pics are of Gene's original playfield.

These are of Kim's game.

And these are of the test fixture.

BBB #74
unigroove

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice pics, but shouldn't the panel on the back of the playfield be black? Smile
sellenoff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks for posting the pics!!

Now, call me crazy, but didn't Kim's machine already have side art applied as well as plunger in previous pics?

Also, why does it seem that all pics of the real BBB machine (especially head) are darkish purple(almost black), where as the cabinets & heads look much lighter purple in the repro machines. Maybe it's just the way the flash is, but it seems to be that way in all pics? Hope I'm just being over-critical..

You guys are doing a great job, keep it up! I'm all for taking time and working out the kinks in the assembly process. I'm sure there's many bumps to solve. I for one am in no hurry! Good luck-

Steve
BBB93

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unigroove wrote:
nice pics, but shouldn't the panel on the back of the playfield be black? Smile

I think where you see the non-decaled cabinet and the un-painted backboard, those pictures are part of the test-fixture shots, not Kim's machine.

Looks like things are progressing quite nicely, keep them pictures coming Cool

Bob Stemmler #93
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, that is the test fixture that the other guy is putting together to be taken up to chicago to check the playfields.
The cabinet that you see in the pictures is a proto cabinet that we had made by another company. It had some problems with the construction and the purple on it was just paint. So it is basically an unusable cabinet
and perfect as a test fixture.
Did you catch 1.9?

A big thank-you to kerry and friend for assembling Gene's game.

There are probably things i have forgotten but i'm waiting for an update from kerry.

kim
CraigC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are the differences between 1.09 and 1.08?

-c
raypanic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is this Genes game going back together or a new game?
#002 Brass Prototype
kstair

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Friday at the assembly shop Reply with quote

Well you guys saw the pictures of Genes game going back together. It was great to do that a few days before beginning assembly on the new stuff Friday I went to BBB north and pulled parts for the bottom. We have everything Very pleased to make that report. Nothing missing !! I laid out everything and it looks sharp. Dimples and holes all line up . . . you'd think we knew what we were doing or something
So next step is finish putting together Genes game for use as a reference and building my 4 reference playfields for the factory people. One reference playfield will have the complete lighting harness on the playfield with all the light assemblies in place. One reference playfield will have the switch harness on it with all the switches. One reference playfield will have the solenoid wiring harness on it with all the solenoids. And last one completed playfield with everything together. These references help the factory workers see what screws to use as well as what wires go where etc. For some reason capcom uses 8 different screws on the bottom of the playfield. I'm used to two for Bally / Williams . . .
Gene will bring the original game and the test cabinet up on Thursday so first completed bottom should be under test late next week. Providing tests go well production on the bottoms begins in earnest. At peak the company figures 3 a day will roll off the line. Probably 12-15 per week. Figure 18 weeks or so to finish them all (First few weeks they won't hit their stride as they have to train their employees etc) ((also holidays will slow things down at least 3 weeks))

I have to figure the fastest and best way to build the bottoms. An interesting production problem

I gotta tell you I felt a little like a kid at christmas pulling all the parts out of the boxes and laying them on the playfield.

I hope to have some cool pics next week . . . stay tuned . . .

Kerry

Mantis Amusements
runner1717

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Friday at the assembly shop Reply with quote

kstair wrote:
Figure 18 weeks or so to finish them all (First few weeks they won't hit their stride as they have to train their employees etc) ((also holidays will slow things down at least 3 weeks))

OMG!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked 4.5 MONTHS just to put the BOTTOMS together!!?? Shocked Shocked Shocked

WOW!!!!! How long to assemble the tops? Hopefully not another 4.5 months....... Sad

Not to be discouraging but I really thought a few might actually be getting their games by the first of next year.......

I have to admit I bummed....... Sad Sad After waiting a year it's really going to be hard waiting another.............

Don't take this wrong Kerry. I appreciate you being upfront on the timetable (hey, we have one now! ) and I'd rather wait for a TOP NOTCH product than to hurry things through!

Dang it.............can I wait another year..........???? Very Happy
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Friday at the assembly shop Reply with quote

runner1717 wrote:
OMG!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked 4.5 MONTHS just to put the BOTTOMS together!!?? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Dang it.............can I wait another year..........???? Very Happy

You have to remember they don't have a factory full of people putting these things together like WMS did. I'm actually glad we have a realistic timeline, not something overly-optimistic.

I can wait another year if necessary. No problem.
BBB #74

Last edited by robertwinter on Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
runner1717

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: Friday at the assembly shop Reply with quote

robertwinter wrote:
I'm actually glad we have a realistic timeline, not something overly-optimistic.

I quite agree. MUCH progress has been made instead of just promises. I prefer this approach as well.

I really didn't think things through but I would guess that as 10 playfield lowers are ready each week that 10 playfields will be picked up and the top assembled as they are available. So probably not much of a wait after the lowers are done.

Will this be the approach Kerry.........??? Very Happy
raypanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure where or if I heard this right, Are none of the games going to ship until they are all done? or are they going to ship as they are completed?

What about the "prototypes"
#002 Brass Prototype
kstair

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: How long ? Reply with quote

Well I can't even look at final production until we have a clear idea of who / how many are going to put the tops together. Right now I don't have a clear picture. Gene and I have discussed casually several options. Final answer is I don't know at this point. My plan would be to complete the tops as the bottoms are done. It all depends on labor force or size of labor force. At this point my primary job is to facilitate production and document how its done or train the people doing it. I'm confident that I will be able to complete my assignment The rest is in the future and we'll figure it out as we go.

Kerry

Mantis Amusements
runner1717

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: How long ? Reply with quote

kstair wrote:
The rest is in the future and we'll figure it out as we go.

Doesn't sound like it will be too far in the future if the protos go well!

I hope Gene get this decided quickly!

Can you give a status on the cabinets and how far along they are? From what I understand all the cabinets are in and:

1) Are they all decaled? if not, how many are?

2) How many have the cabinet hardware installed?

3) How many have the backbox boards installed?

4) Are you the one doing/to do this portion of the cabinet assembly?

I'd like to know how much of the cabinet work is actually done...........
Very Happy

Thanks!
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: How long ? Reply with quote

runner1717 wrote:
1) Are they all decaled? if not, how many are?

I believe it was stated in an earlier thread that all the cabinets had been decalled.
BBB #74
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Progress Updates All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: