Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any BBB events during during expo week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zaphod

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Any BBB events during during expo week Reply with quote

Blomington is not that far from Chicago. Any possibility of BBB forum members getting an IPB factory tour during expo week? It would be great to see the BBB progress in person. Also, any plans for the forum members to meet during the Expo.
Former BBB #115 owner.
runner1717

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a tour AND picking up my BBB would be a better plan..........!!
BBB94

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pinballexpo.net/seminar.php

"8:00 P.M. Friday Fireside Chat: Rob Morrison & design team (Big Bang Bar designer) Moderator: Gary Flower"
unigroove

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giving tours will only steal time that can be spend on assembly and so on. Any chance you assist in the proces? Wink
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: If you see me at Expo - Please say Hello! Reply with quote

I'll be leaving for Expo on Tuesday night and will be around on Wednesday evening I think. If you know what I look like from the videos, please say Hi! I love to connect faces with people. I'll have the video camera attached to me.

Take Care,

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
greg_888

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al
are you going to film the Fireside chat- please
awarner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Fireside Chat Reply with quote

I was planning on getting the fireside chat. I'll let my cat out of the bag, I was thinking of putting together a BBB special edition of Pins & Vids. I called Gene and asked to interview him and he said it was OK. I plan to go to see him on Wednesday (but I'm a little nervous because he didn't return my confirmation call). I thought that the fireside chat would work in great. A friend of mine got some footage of Gene a few years ago at Allentown and many of you have the footage I took last year. All compiled it's a decent amount of stuff. I haven't decided on how to package it yet (how to put it together), but the Pinball Hall of Fame is under construction and video sales will definatly help (plus, the Hippie takes care of duplication and distribution). And, I know you've read this before, but I don't profit from these videos, actually, they have cost me Thousands of Dollars to do. But the reality is, I get a lot out of it, like cool trips and meeting people. To me, getting inside of what motivates people is the "Gold". P&V 1 generated $600+ for the PHOF so far. It's not a lot, but it's better than nothing. I could have donated what it cost to make and it would have been a lot more, but I wouldn't have the experience to go along with it.

So, hopefully, I'll get the interview on Wednesday along with some great video of the facility in Bloominton and we'll get to hear Gene's story. I think it's time we found out what motivates the man!

-Al-

PS - It would be best if we kept this info away from the Expo organizers. That could wipe out a lot of plans.
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
awarner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My plans with Gene have firmed up so I'll have something good for y'all! Flying up tonight so I'll alert everyone as soon as possible. This should be awesome! Do I sound excited?

-Al-
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone please remember to take pictures for the witch. With names and game #'s

thanks

kim
CraigC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PINBALL WITCH wrote:
Someone please remember to take pictures for the witch. With names and game #'s

thanks

kim

we can take pics so you can put them on the games as you assemble them Wink

of course with my ugly mug i'll prolly get less assembling time Wink

anyone who wants to meet me CPM is bringing an entire row of games. my FT will be there.

-c
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: