Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Expo Snafu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awarner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Expo Snafu Reply with quote

They have posted a "No Video or Audio recording" rule at the front desk. I have asked for permission to shoot it for non-commercial release. I had a few "notable figures" vouch for me so we'll see what happens. I don't think they will let me do the BBB fireside chat though. I have been hanging all day with Shaggy and the jury is still out wherther they will let me do that. Sucks folks. I'll let you know what I find out.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Bad News Reply with quote

I'm not allowed to shoot anything but the Norm and Shaggy show. If someone else here wants to take the chance... I'm not going to do it though, they will be watching me.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since no one is allowed to audio/video record, is there going to be an "official" recording made at all by the Epso organizers? If not, it's kinda lame they wouldn't allow recordings unless the speakers requested it.
BBB #74
F1 Junkie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were people taping at expo so I'm certain something will be available. I guess they figure they should make some $ off it.
Swann

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the same as I was there last year, they didn't say anything though as I taped the fireside chat then (about MM).

Actually as a sidenote, they did tape themselves also (the organizers) with a static camera not following the action happening but just pointed directly at where they where sitting. As their tape ran out they missed a lots of great things and I do question the quality of their recording (Hi8). Myself, I got 90 minutes of recording on 3CCD DV-camera and didn't miss a thing (changed tape one time but quick and at the right moment) + recorded actively where the action took place and got pretty unique stuff actually which they missed. *

Do think that if they should continue with their policy of not allowing recordings to be made so that they can sell their own, then they should really do it much better and more professional. ....else raise the cost for Expo and allow people to record for themselves.

*) Due to their restrictions I'm not so happy about sharing my recording, at least not before someone with legal knowledge has given their opinion about it (since US is pretty crazy about sueing for the smallest things...).
BBB #79 has arrived here in Stockholm, Sweden!
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swann wrote:
It was the same as I was there last year, they didn't say anything though as I taped the fireside chat then (about MM).

(...) Myself, I got 90 minutes of recording on 3CCD DV-camera and didn't miss a thing (...)

I'm a bit confused: are you talking about this year or last year? Can someone confirm that ANYBODY taped the BBB fireside chat this year? It really sucks that taping would not be allowed. If I would organise this, I would let the speakers decide if they'd allow their chat to be taped.

If you really have a tape, then I don't think there's a big risk in sharing it. After all, you're not living in the US, so I'm pretty sure they won't take you to court: international lawsuits are very complex so I wouldn't advise anybody to start that unless it is about something reaaaaally vital
Bertl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Swann

I would be also interested in a VCD/DVD about it! Pls let me know if possible.

You can use PM!!

Thx n brgds
Norbert
Swann

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're looking into possibilities for the MM fireside chat from last year. I can't promise anything yet. Sadly though I didn't go there this year, so no, I don't have anything on the BBB fireside chat... I do too, hope that someone has it on tape.

BigBangJoe, there's more reasons then just the legal reasons why I'm careful with sharing it, but let's leave that outside of online-forums.
BBB #79 has arrived here in Stockholm, Sweden!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: