Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now that Bob and Steve are gone..............

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
runner1717

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Now that Bob and Steve are gone.............. Reply with quote

I wonder if we could talk Gene into shipping our pre-ordered parts since they're all done?

I bought one of everything (including a playfield) and would really like to get my hands on my stuff. I'd like to get my playfield in Bill Davis's queue now.

Steve/Bob's logic of keeping the best for the machines doesn't really play out as only 5 or 6 playfields were pre-ordered and I expect a "first" both in my machine as well as my extra.

I think I'll give them a call tomorrow................... Very Happy

Mike
blubboman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Yes - spare parts now Reply with quote

Mike - me too! I'd like the spares as well.
runner1717

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so how do you guys get a hold of Georgianna? I've called the 309-828-5844 number more than once and never get an answer.

What time of the day or night do you guys call?
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bob & Steve's argument did make sense. Let's suppose that Gene ships out all the spares and there are NO EXTRAS left at PMI. Now one of the folks assembling a playfield drives a too-long screw into the bottom of the playfield and it comes out the top, or someone lets a tool slip and gouges the crap out of the top surface of a playfield.

It would be easy to say "Not my problem: Gene needs to make a replacement". It may be *wicked expensive* to fire up the line for one or two parts to replace those damaged during assembly. Assuming that PMI is running *real close* to break-even on these games - based on some of the comments we've heard in the past - creating a replacement part or two may just not happen.

Even if I had paid for a playfield up front, if it came down to me getting that playfield or someone else not getting a game, I'd swallow hard, accept my refund, and be glad one of the other purchasers doesn't lose their game due to a production accident (or screw-up).

Unlikely you say? Inconceivable? Far-fetched?

I don't know. I've waited 9 months for my spare parts, waiting another 3, 4, or 6 isn't going to kill me.

Tony
BBB #39
runner1717

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I recall correctly, Bob & Steve said there were 230 playfields produced and only 5 or 6 that were pre-ordered. That would leave 225 playfields for 183 machines. I think we'll be okay...........

I did finally get a hold of Gorgianna and she didn't seem to want to send anything out ahead of time. Crying or Very sad

We did talk about progress and she did say the lowers were being assembled and that the cabinets were the holdup right now. Gene's riding Churchill pretty hard to get them motivated. Very Happy

She also kinda set the record straight about Bob/Steve but that conversation is private.........sorry.
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because there are 230 playfields doesn't mean there would be enough. What if 50 got destroyed in a fire/accident/freak flood/etc? It's highly improbable, but possible. Better safe than sorry.

Just ask Kevin Martin (PAPA) about freak floods...
BBB #74
unigroove

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Gene's biggest concern right now is get the games build. Spare parts are no priority I think...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: