Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prototype buyers roll call...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raypanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Prototype buyers roll call... Reply with quote

I will have #002 prototype. (could be #02 I cannot remember at this point) It will be going to my private office in Oxford, Michigan. After playing the one at the expo I am very excited about getting mine!

Who else is getting one?

Do you think the prototypes will be shipped / available first?
#002 Brass Prototype
awarner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Numbering... Reply with quote

Numbers 000-010 are prototypes and have a clear bumper insert in the playfield.

Numbers 01-17X are production with a yellow bumper insert. #100 is most likely going to be a Gold edition.

I have this from a reliable source...
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
Kronis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Prototype buyers roll call... Reply with quote

raypanic wrote:
Who else is getting one?

Not me- I wasn't fast enough to reserve any of the prototypes or #100.

raypanic wrote:
Do you think the prototypes will be shipped / available first?

If shipping is done fairly, yes. You guys truly got in on the ground floor and paid a premium. Deposits in first = Games (regardless of game serial #) should equal distributions out first. Hell, you may even take delivery on 'em by late Jan-Feb.

BBB #21
awarner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Delivery Reply with quote

Here is what I heard as the current plan...

All games will be shipped at the same time - Gene will handle getting the shipper; we will have to pay the shipping. Any people picking them up will be given a Saturday to be there and pay tax.

There are more than a few reasons why this will work. All machines being shipped wil be insured for more than you paid plus things like side art and such are replacable.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
raypanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any other proto owners to be?

Are you saying Gene is to wait until all 170+ machines are complete before shipping? That seem very odd as I would think they could only assemble 10 or 20 machines at a time. This is assuming there are only a few assemblers working at one time.

???
#002 Brass Prototype
awarner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Shipping Plans Reply with quote

When I talked to Gene, he stated that there was no real fair way to distribute these games:

1) You can't go by number, we picked them ourselves.
2) Organizing who paid first would be impossible (many people paid the first day and the mail had a lot to due with the order of receipt).
3) Someone will complain if they weren't in the first batch.

I speculate that there is another reason that this will happen this way, but that's not a fact, so I'll keep it to myself.

Anyway, the machines will be kept in temperature controlled buildings and insured. When all the machines are done, they will be shipped at the same time and people picking them up will be given a location to do so. It will all happen at once.

-Al-
sellenoff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Shipping Plans Reply with quote

Can you imagine how AMAZING it will be to see a room of 170+ BBB machines all in the same place? I truly hope lots of pics and video of that site are taken.. Man that would be breath taking to see in person..

-Steve
unigroove

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually the site of 17+ BBB all together will probably give you the feeling of less value. I produce music. I remember seeing my first release taken out of a box with another 100 of it. It instantly lost all it's magic...
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Dissapointment... Reply with quote

The games will be boxed as they are produced and all of the games will be going to different warehouses (Gene said 4 or so locations). The boxes are generic and will only have the name of the buyer and the number on it.
Ringtail

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at the end of the day it is the fairest way to do it. Just means a little longer to wait is all Smile
#69 It had to go to Holland really Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: