Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pictures from Expo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinsane

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Pictures from Expo Reply with quote

Here's a sneak preview of the BBB that is at Expo. More pics to come...

steve SDTM
BBB93

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the great pictures Steve, I just finished packing my car and getting ready to hit the road for expo early tomorrow morning. Seeing that BBB sitiitng there... it has me even more pumped and ready to go.

I'll be hitting the expo hotel around noon on Friday. I am hauling one game up and have a trade planned with another collector, will be comming with a Blackwater 100!

Looking forward to the show and hope to meet some of you there.

Bob Stemmler #93
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: BBB Playtime Cost Reply with quote

The BBB at Expo is $1.00 to play. Most games are set to free play. BBB is not.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
RatherPlayPinball

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pics, thanks. I enjoyed looking over this BBB to see what wear there was. This BBB was "rough", it has seen a lot of play. A broken switch (not the proper one) replaced near ramp. Tube dancer intermittent, the black light did not work, coin entrances taped over, an ugly start decal installed, and in general pretty dirty. I'd give the owner $2k tops for this one. But, it was still fun to play and confirms the correct decision to order one. Playing BBB on Pinmame is just not the same.
raypanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: I played it Reply with quote

Yes, Gene has one of my hard earned dollars! It was kind of funny as it just sat there most of the time with no one playing it. People would look but then walk away. Some were examining it a here and there but I only seen a few play it, granted I was not there all the time. I figured I spent all the money for food lodging and travel whats a few $$$ more.

The pinball circus had a line behind it all the time! Too bad the flippers were weak when I got there.
#002 Brass Prototype
awarner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: That wasn't Gene's machine... Reply with quote

That wasn't Gene's machine, somebody else has your dollar. Gene's machine is at the assembly location being used as an example.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
Bertl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Pinsane posted the pictures, he knows who's machine it is, or am i wrong?

I am curious about the differences of all the prototypes. Maybe we start a new thread about this??

Brgds
Norbert
pinsane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertl wrote:
As Pinsane posted the pictures, he knows who's machine it is, or am i wrong?

Mike brought it, but I'm afraid I don't know who owns this year's Expo machine. Mike Pacak had sold it to the owner many years ago. Apparently, he is not someone who travels in the typical pinball collector circles (rgp, shows, etc) so he is not a well known individual. Mike managed to borrow it for the show which was great as we get to see another BBB in the wild.

I can tell you that this machine was one of the two machines that was purchased by Williams, dissassembled, and "Williamized." When Mike purchased it from Williams, it was a flippable WPC95 game with a new whitewood that used Williams mechs and light boards. Mike managed to find the original playfield and had his guy restore it as best he could.

The game is not the best example of a BBB. Cosmetically it has problems, and there appeared to be some problems with the alien mech. Also, they were not able to find that flourescent standup that goes on the right of the tube dancer (that's in the Happ catalog by the way) so they used an unattractive standard one.

...still....it's a BBB

steve SDTM
raypanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I was assuming it was Gene's game, See what that will do for you! Confused
#002 Brass Prototype
latecomer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great video of the Expo BBB in action courtesy Mark Clayton

http://arcadearchive.com/expo2005/
Vegemite Nick #123
awarner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Link doesn't work... Reply with quote

Looks like the link doesn't work but neither does the root. Ping and tracert show that the website appears to be down.
latecomer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link should be fine, it is where I down loaded from, but the site does appear down. Here is the RGP thread on the topic, suspect the site will come up again.

http://groups.google.com.au/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/37edaf4a460487a2/bf2164c5a14884f6?q=bbb&rnum=3#bf2164c5a14884f6
Vegemite Nick #123
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both the 67MB Hi-def AVI and the 84MB Hi-def WMV files mirrored on my site. If anyone wants the URL, please email me.
BBB #74
nitrodude

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That start sticker probably means it's a Sega lock down bar.
I Had one on my Viper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: