Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Want to help build BBB?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Want to help build BBB? Reply with quote

During the past week, I was wondering if there was anything we, as buyers, could do to help with the project. Jonathan (Unigroove) has already helped by spending a month at PMI. Another nameless person has stepped forward to install cabinet decals. If I weren't in California, I'd be all over doing some assembly (or even cab decals).

I spoke with Kim about this possibility. She stated that anyone who was willing to help with the project would be more than welcome to contact PMI. She also intimated that Gene has numerous rental properties in the area and could probably supply rooms for people to stay (free?) while in the area. You'd need to contact Kim for more details on that.

I know people have suggested a road trip to PMI. Maybe this could produce more than just a progress report and some pictures. I can't imagine building 183+ machines by myself so I'm sure any offered help would be welcome.

So if anyone is interested in helping with assembly, I'd suggest a call to Kim/PMI to see what could be worked out.
BBB #74
bspins

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Move this whole operation a little closer to Farmington MN and I'd be more then happy to help slap some decals on those cabinets.

I would actually prefer to do my own but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping whoever does them knows what they're doing.

Bryan Kelly BBB #123
unigroove

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Want to help build BBB? Reply with quote

robertwinter wrote:
If I weren't in California, I'd be all over doing some assembly (or even cab decals).

Well, Jonathan came all the way from The Netherlands in Europe ... Very Happy

And he might even go back.

I don't know who is going to apply the side art decals, but I spoke to Kim today and someone is going to do that. As I have watched Bob and Steve apply decals while I visited them, Kim asked if they were applied wet or dry. I do recall dry. I will write a short description on how they did it, and mail that to Kim, so they can't go wrong there.
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just up the road in Rockford, IL and would gladly donate some weekends helping out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: