Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spare Parts Wanted?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Other Guy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just plain rob wrote:
metallik wrote:
Put me down for more ramp arrows as well. Don't think I listed them on my first list either

Having experience with the fragility of the arrow's connector, I would recommend that Gene sells the arrows assembled with the crimped wires in place. You don't want to play with this yourself. Otherwise, you would be crimping into a dried silk-screened conductive material--which is what the EL lamps are believe it or not--and there is no room for mistakes here.
Couldn't cost much more for the extra assembly (wires).

Thoughts?

FYI:
We have them made with the connectors installed!

The weakest spot on these is just as the pigtail comes out of the connector. If this area is bent sharply, the circuit trace will be damaged and eventually fail.

As of yet, there is no repair available.

The second weak spot is where the pigtail meets the arrow body. This is cut at a corner and so it will rip at the corner. Just don't pull on the pigtail...

TOG
The Other Guy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Ramp arrow lights Reply with quote

kirklake13 wrote:
I'd like to see the ramp arrow lights have the connectors in place, as suggested above, and the arrows applied to the new main ramp already...
a packaged price. captkirk BBB#78

There is no real need to pre-install the arrow to the ramp. Actually, I prefer to leave the arrow off while assembling the ramp. There is less chance of damaging the arrow that way...

I have even installed the arrow with the ramp installed on the pfld! Just remove the two ramp entrance screws, lift up on the ramp, peel the first inch of the arrow tip's backing, align the arrow from the bottom up, start at the top glued area and peel the rest of the backing from the top down while adhering the arrow... Piece of cake!!! Cool Cool Cool

TOG
The Other Guy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also - curious on status of ramp rings/horseshoes that were ordered on pick up day. Any word on status of those?

Thx!

I know they came in...
I'm haven't been handling them... Will ask Gene about statis...

TOG
Mike Hogue

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets see.... so many parts.

Off the top of my head I'd like....

Cabinet decals
Playfield
Plastic set
Ramps
Targets
So much more I need a list!

Everything to do a complete restoration at a later date if so desired.

Mike
runner1717

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put me down for several of everything!
tcat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like the main ramp assembly with arrow

Part # A-00513

as well as the tube assembly :

(Part # A-00651)

This tube encloses the tube dancer and I have recently discovered that mine is broken on the bottom. The bottom part of the tube is very thin and mine is broken on one side. Sad

Thanks!

Harold
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if any of these parts will get (re)made? The last post of TOG was back in July, and it has been quiet since...

Joe
BBB94

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just speculation on my part, but I would guess that they are waiting to see if Kinpin will get made so they can combine the spare part production with Kinpin part production for common parts to lower the cost.
vbirdsley

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, I would like all the "usual" spare parts that everyone else has requested. Sure hope these get made.
BBB #50
The Other Guy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I haven't posted lately. Embarassed
I have been very busy as of late... Too many projects, not enough time...

Here's the scoop on spare parts: As of now, if we made more, the cost would be very high. For example, your cost on a flipper shaft clamp would be around $15ea... Not acceptable!!!

I have been trying to keep track of your interests and when I can get the costs down to a reasonable level, I will request/confirm real orders and we can all get spare parts... Until then, please be patient. Wink

Thanks,
TOG
kirklake13

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: BBB parts Reply with quote

TOG - What about parts like the ramp, ramp arrow lighting and cabinet decals? Do they have to be remade also or is there some stock to draw on for those that want these spare parts? Thanks, captkirk BBB#78
BBB #102
Lou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if you just made a BBB "spares kit" which has the majority of what people want and make 200-300 of them and sell them for whatever. I'm sure everyone would buy one or two. You could even get pre-orders (now where have a seen that before?).

Lou - #44
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Other Guy wrote:
Here's the scoop on spare parts: As of now, if we made more, the cost would be very high. For example, your cost on a flipper shaft clamp would be around $15ea... Not acceptable!!!

Not acceptable to whom? If I need a flipper shaft clamp because the old one broke, $15 is VERY acceptable to me.

Coincidentally enough, I needed TWO flipper shaft clamps to repair a hacked Pinball Magic. I had to order them from a distributor in Austria because they were no where to be found in the States. I paid just about $15 each for them, and was VERY HAPPY to do so. I didn't care for the $30 shipping charge, but hey, at least PM is functional now

My real concern here is that the interest level on BBB has gone WAY down, and these spare parts might never be made. That would be a REAL shame.

Tony
BBB #39
kirklake13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Spare parts update? Reply with quote

TOG, any progress on this issue? Would ease some tension to know that some of these items will be made available. Frankly, I don't play my game as much as I'd like to because I'm afraid of breaking something I can't replace.

captkirk BBB#78, and hope to be KP #78 Very Happy
BBB #102
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: