Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

German BBBs shipped?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CraigC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: German BBBs shipped? Reply with quote

can anyone confirm or deny? could be a fake poster on RGP.

-c
CraigC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone know how many games we had going to Germany? and isnt the lead free thing all of europe? surely there has to be more than 6 games going there.

Also since the parts in the game were manufactured prior to the lead ban wouldnt they be exempt?

just thinking outloud. I think this is a great thing regardless. If any of the folks in Germany could chime in on how it looks and plays that would be neat.

-c
nitrodude

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should know better than to beleve aneything you read on RGP , PLEASE don't insult us with those kinds of questions.

Nitrodude Cool
CraigC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitrodude wrote:
You should know better than to beleve aneything you read on RGP , PLEASE don't insult us with those kinds of questions.

Nitrodude Cool

there is a fair amount of signal through the noise. you can't discount RGP since for every troll there are 10 people who love the hobby and who have helped out tons of people fix their games. And honestly there's been more BBB info there than on here lately.....unfortunately.

-c
atlfun

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Kerry Stair posted to the RGP thread with a smiley and willing to bet that they had been shipped. And Clay also chimed in as if he knew that they had been shipped. I just wish that the forum didn't get news second hand.

Brian
CraigC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, seems to be a common theme.
BBB93

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy That is terrific news. Kerry seems to have confirmed it on rgp. I don't care where the news came from, it is a nice surprise either way. Very Happy

Congrats to Gene and the entire crew! Thank you!

Bob S
awarner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: My 2 cents Reply with quote

If it's true, I'm gussing that they kept it from us because ours are not complete and they didn't want anyone complaining that they didn't get theirs first.

I'll also bet that they told the people getting them to keep their mouths shut!

- My opinions, Yours may vary-

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If some number of games had to be rushed out to beat the RoHS rules in Europe, that's certainly understandable, especially if the alternative was to tell the folks in Europe "Sorry, you're out of luck".

I am a little miffed though that I found this out from an rgp post and not from PMI.

Tony
BBB #39
CraigC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah the secret seems to be out Wink I dont care, you have to do what you have to do. it would cost tons of money to have to re-manufacture those boards lead free, so I'm glad that IPB didnt have to shell out more money for the project.

I dont like that there was a shush order, we're all grown ups and can understand why those were shipped first. Just kinda lame that we have this forum and all and we might as well just watch RGP.

-c
briguy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why won't IPB offer BBB kits? I bet 50+ people would take their games as a kit.
BBB #25
latecomer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent an email to Martin Weist asking about this. Unless he has been
sworn to secrecy, his response in part "wow - I got my BBB and did not
notice it!" and "and now YOU tell me, that I already got it?" suggests
this post was not true.

Frankly I would have been all for IPB shipping the European ones to avoid problems, and if Martin is just keeping his end of the bargain, fair enough.

Anyway, the machines will be done soon, that much is certain.

Regards,
Nick
Vegemite Nick #123
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CraigC wrote:

there is a fair amount of signal through the noise. you can't discount RGP since for every troll there are 10 people who love the hobby and who have helped out tons of people fix their games. And honestly there's been more BBB info there than on here lately.....unfortunately.
-c

Maybe IPB has a good reason to remain a bit quiet, who knows? Just let them get on with the job, and don't expect a detailed update every day. Besides, we saw some completed machines just a few weeks ago (you didn't see that on RGP now did you?) and now they are busy building more of them. What more is there to say (from the IPB point of view)? I also would like lots and lots of details, but currently I see no reason to have any doubts in this project, so let's just have some solid faith in IPB.
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here is the deal.

There are certain countries that are covered under the RoHS act. The games may have made it through customs with the correct paper work stating that the components were purchased prior to July 01, but who has all that paperwork. Capcom was purchased as a complete company. While I do have an inventory of all the parts we received would it be enough?

The people receiving the games didn’t even realize they were being shipped until after they had left our building. We weren’t sure we could have them ready with the correct documentation in time to get them out.

Everyone was asked to keep the fact that these games had arrived quiet.

We have our reasons; it has nothing to do with the other BBB owners being upset, that we can deal with. There are numerous things that go on behind the scenes that are PMI’s business and nobody elses’. I am sorry to be so blunt but that is the fact.

Gene, TOG and crew are working extremely hard to get these games completed. The new company that we are working with is doing a super job on the playfields and although some have to be tweaked when they get here, “North” is willing to work with TOG to take care of any issues he may have.
No, he is not the only one working on these games. But he is probably the most knowledgeable and responsible person on the crew (not counting Gene).

Our apologies to the people that were put in the awkward position
of trying to keep these deliveries confidential. Any comments that may have been made by anyone were done on our behalf, please remember that.

Those that have their games please enjoy them and Thank-you for working with us to keep the project moving forward.

To those that are still waiting the games are getting done. It is my understanding that PMI has caught up with the harness manufacturing companies and are waiting for more harnesses.
But TOG knows more about that than I do.
He may post tonite too.

We realize there are going to be those of you who are angry because the overseas games were shipped first.
We had to make a decision and we did “the right thing”.
It would not have been fair to allow a number of people to lose their game just to keep from ruffling someone else’s feathers.

The rest of the games will be shipped when they are all ready.
As for the kits Gene decided that it all games would be completed before they left here.

Kit would be very time consuming to put together and there would be no way to make sure all the components worked correctly before they went out.

I am also sure that there would be those that received their kits and couldn’t get something to work and that would lead to a whole separate set of issues.

On the bright side at least you know the games are real and they work.

Plus we learned something from shipping these games that will help in the future.

As for the news of the games being posted on RGP I apologize. If it was going to be posted we would have like to have posted it here first. Do you have any idea how hard it was to keep this secret; ya’ll know what a BIG mouth I have. I was so excited for Gene and crew and couldn’t even tell anyone.

kim
latecomer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim, congratulations on the first shipment.

I for one think you have done the right thing, and honoured your commitment to the European buyers that might have been in jeopardy had you not done what was done.

As far as others getting their machines first, I see that as the most positive thing imaginable - some overseas buyers have theirs due to changes in laws that forced your hand, but they ***have*** their machines, and as I said earlier in this thread, the machines being completed is a certainty, and several having them cannot be anything other than positive.

I think you should let them off the secrecy hook, so they can let the rest of the world know the truth, and this will end all the speculation out there.

And I want to hear some reviews! These guys must be over the moon!

This is so exciting - now I **know** that the machine is coming. Not that I ever doubted it, but there is always that niggling feeling.

If mine makes it here by Christmas I will be more than happy. If it doesn't, I know it can't be too far away.

Congratulations again, you have my support in full.

Regards,
Nick
Vegemite Nick #123
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: