Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why is it that nobody wants to confirm any numbers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pmwolf3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Why is it that nobody wants to confirm any numbers? Reply with quote

Nobody ever wants to say how many games are actually done. Why is that?

I'm not upset...I just find it curious. I can only think it is because of the following (possible) reasons:

1) The numbers may be deceiving. There might be only 5 (or less) done, but all the parts are ready to go, and if there was a time crunch, they could blast out a bunch of them in no time at all. They're just getting all the pieces ready for mass production, so giving a number of completed machines is misleading and useless.

2) This group can be a pain in the butt to tell information to. As soon as it is announced that (x) of them are done, then you get a bazillion posts, like: "Why can't I get mine now?" or "How about a kit?" or "I thought you'd have more done by now!" or "if it took you this long to get (x) of them done, I'll take that number and mathmatically calculate when they'll all be done. DEAR GOD!! I'll be DEAD when that happens!!".

3) Too many keg parties at the factory. Nobody really knows how many are done. In fact, there may be a miscalculation and there are about 3,000 of them done.

4) Too busy keeping "The Other Guy's" identity a secret, and there is no time to count machines. (I swear...the guy must wear a cape and spandex when he's there. After the pinball work, he puts on some glasses, combs his hair differently, and goes out and works at a newspaper). ....now that I'm thinking about it. When the project is over, will his secret identity be revealed?

5) They like us to be dumb and pretty. We're just here to look at. As soon as we get information, then we'll start THINKING, and you know where that leads. (See the questions in #2).

Ideas? Does anyone want to confirm anything? I'd even be happy if TOG replied and said: "Gee, #1, #2, and #4 are the real reasons. The next person that asks me about this will get a tube dancer shoved up his..."

Later!
Pete
#103 (because 3, 33, 13, 23, 73, and 45 were taken).
digger47

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for #2. A few people have already proven this.
dig47
greg_888

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l missed a keg party Mad .... bugger

you guys should send out invites

the only part l'm interested in is
"its ready to be delivered" until then why worry
latecomer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Greg, while I'd **love** to get that call/email sooner rather than later, it's coming.

So is Christmas as they say, and I bet Kerry's prediction of no more BBB-free Christmas' is going to pan out.

BTW - how are you planning to get yours over here?

Regards
Nick
Vegemite Nick #123
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: