Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Refused offer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swann

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Refused offer Reply with quote

Got to tell about an offer I just refused, that is someone that wanted to buy BBB.
First off some background, we are currently having the Swedish Championship in Pinball and I got interviewed by the largest newspaper on the westcoast in Sweden. I did happen to mention to the reporter about BBB, without beeing aware of that they would put the championship on the frontpage and yes then in the article write about me and BBB.
So thats the lineup and a couples of hours ago, at the competition, a serious for me before unknown collector approached me with an offer, he first tried with 150 000 swedish kronor (that's about $21 000). I told him then that the offer had to be serious to be interesting.
After this he continued to bargain a bit, trying to find out what would be an acceptable offer and it ended with him finally wanting to pay 300 000 swedish kronor (yes, that's about $42 000 !!!)

I still refused it, told him it had to be substansial for letting the game go, and well now he gave up...

So what can I say, it's truly a gem...
BBB #79 has arrived here in Stockholm, Sweden!
BBB94

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear - this offer was for an IPB BBB, not one of the originals?
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBB94 wrote:
Just to be clear - this offer was for an IPB BBB, not one of the originals?

And did the guy know yours was an IPB repro?
BBB #74
runner1717

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

42 Thousand dollars??? Shocked Shocked

Mine would be gone in a heartbeat! Then I could afford the 12K gold BBB that Gene has................ Wink ......and still put 30K in the bank!
Swann

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes to all the questions, he did know that it's a repro. You should all keep in mind this is Europe, we have just some few games and no-one (yet) that wants to sell.

I have recieved a couple of other offers too, but more like people wanting to trade their whole game-collection and so on... , not as extreme as this one...

buying a goldgame isn't really me though, prefer the black.
BBB93

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't blame you for not selling. You can always get more money, you may not be able to get another BBB Wink Razz

Bob
BBB93
bspins

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Refused offer Reply with quote

I had a nice long response typed up with the first line reading, "OK, I'm going to get myself in trouble again", but after second thoughts, hit delete.

I'll just say, it's nice to know you're in a position to refuse that kind of money for your BBB.

Me, it'd be out the door before the money hit the table. But, maybe I'm the only one that can, or is willing to say that because I no longer have an interest.

Swann wrote:
Got to tell about an offer I just refused, that is someone that wanted to buy BBB.
First off some background, we are currently having the Swedish Championship in Pinball and I got interviewed by the largest newspaper on the westcoast in Sweden. I did happen to mention to the reporter about BBB, without beeing aware of that they would put the championship on the frontpage and yes then in the article write about me and BBB.
So thats the lineup and a couples of hours ago, at the competition, a serious for me before unknown collector approached me with an offer, he first tried with 150 000 swedish kronor (that's about $21 000). I told him then that the offer had to be serious to be interesting.
After this he continued to bargain a bit, trying to find out what would be an acceptable offer and it ended with him finally wanting to pay 300 000 swedish kronor (yes, that's about $42 000 !!!)

I still refused it, told him it had to be substansial for letting the game go, and well now he gave up...

So what can I say, it's truly a gem...

Bryan Kelly Former BBB #123
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

runner1717 wrote:
42 Thousand dollars??? Shocked Shocked

Mine would be gone in a heartbeat! Then I could afford the 12K gold BBB that Gene has................ Wink ......and still put 30K in the bank!

But *can* you still get a gold BBB for $12000 ? Don't think so Razz

If I really think about what I could get for $42000, then I can't think of anything that I would want in exchange for BBB.

I will only sell my BBB if I really need the money in an emergency.
Bertl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as i know, #1 gold has been sold already.

Brgds
Norbert
Swann

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read the thread on rgp. , and well I can surely understand that some people don't believe in the story, but honestly, it's completly true.

Sure I can't verify if the buyer would have gone through with it if I would have said yes, but I think that's how it is with all trades, you never know until you have the money in your hand.

And in regards to rgp. , it's very easy to forget the differance between the US and European market.
awarner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: I'd have said yes... Reply with quote

I have to say, I really love the game, but $42K is an incredible amount of money. It would really impact my daily lifestyle and get me a real video business going (yes, I have aspirations beyond Pins & Vids).

I guess my new answer to the poll that was ran is >$40K now...

hehe

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
CraigC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: I'd have said yes... Reply with quote

awarner wrote:
I have to say, I really love the game, but $42K is an incredible amount of money. It would really impact my daily lifestyle and get me a real video business going (yes, I have aspirations beyond Pins & Vids).

I guess my new answer to the poll that was ran is >$40K now...

hehe

-Al-

agreed, i think most people would do it if someone plonked down that tall of a pile of cash. i could buy 8 super sweet games for that price.....of course not that i have room for them in the game room Wink.

-c
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With that amount of cash and based on the poll (http://www.robertwinter.com/pinball/bbb/forum/viewtopic.php?t=257) you could buy another BBB from someone for $10-$25K and still have a good chunk of change left. Of course, this is ALL just hypothetical.
BBB #74
Batman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene has invested substantially in this project. Why don't you send this guy to Gene and let him sell at a decent price and recoup some of his loss?

This signature space is for 'fluff'.... i hate 'fluff'
Swann

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I didn't know how serious he was, at the first offer he probably was serious, but after that maybe he only wanted to figure out for how much it would go for, even when it would be too much for him (I don't know, didn't ask, didn't care, I was just a bit taken by the push to buy it from me, and as you understand I still now today don't see any reason to sell, money isn't everything, but Pinball is )

In regards to send him to Gene, well I'm quite sure that Gene has allready recieved offers from people willing to pay more then the original price, so in regards to recouping, that's a decision Gene has to make, not me Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: