Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More factory pics...(Plus, KingPin Playfield Proto)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Progress Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pmwolf3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: More factory pics...(Plus, KingPin Playfield Proto) Reply with quote

Pictures taken during the "expo tour."

http://www.robertwinter.com/pinball/bbb/forum/images/pmwolf3/

I know...more of the same. (Yeah, but we love that kind of crap).

Of note: http://www.robertwinter.com/pinball/bbb/forum/images/pmwolf3/DSCF0032.JPG (Gene holding the KP playfield).

KP Picture set runs from pictures #25 to 33. One of the pics shows the back side of the playfield. Don't panic...he said they tested with laser cutting, but it burned stuff, so they won't be going for that again.

I'm the doofus wearing the glasses in a few of the pictures. The other guy you see a lot of (inspecting FH playfields with Gene, interviewing Gene, etc) is Chip Ware (titanpinball - #75). They found HIS machine, and Gene signed the cabinet. Very, very cool.

Pics of #67 are of John Dayhuff's machine...another buddy.

Still haven't found mine. (Dag nabbit!)

I did ask Gene how long it took to get a machine from an empty cabinet to completed. He said that his guys could do 15 machines a week. We counted about 72 (ish) empty cabinets in the back warehouse (give or take a few). Add on to that the 20-30 or so that are in various stages of complete-ness in the rest of the factory. I figure that the wiring harness is keeping them from reaching 15 a week, but even if you figure that HALF of that is possible, then you could estimate another 4 or 5 months.

The end is near...but even if it takes another year, I'd be perfectly fine. The quality is stunning. I also got to play one of the new prototype machines...HOLY CRAP!!! Really, they make the "old" ones seem...well....really, really OLD.

Enjoy the picture flood.
Pete Mathis
Still searching for #103...
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pics Pete. Here's all the images in one LONG post.

BBB #74
blubboman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: BBB and KP excitement Reply with quote

Man, I'm getting all excited again! I saw this stuff a few weeks ago at the first NAPPA show and with a decent possibility of getting Kingpin produced, I can't really contain myself. See, there, bodily fluids everywhere.
pmwolf3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one loooooong post!

Thanks again Robert for hosting all that stuff! If I can get the stuff off of Chip's camera, we may even have more.

(By the way...those last two pics are us jamming a pinball machine into our hotel room. We had to put a bunch of the hotel furniture on the balcony for the night.

Ahhhh.....addiction.

Pete
The Other Guy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked WOW!!! Shocked

Sorry I missed the tours! Great pics...

Thought you'd be interested in this... Wink Wink Wink

Ahhhh, Venus' spacesuit Very Happy Exclamation Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Progress Updates All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: