Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's FEB where's my BBB?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Progress Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CraigC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: It's FEB where's my BBB? Reply with quote

Wink kidding.

cant wait.

-c
capcomber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted by Hassell Castle on r.g.p. today

Quote:
For those that have pre-ordered a Big Bang Bar, ever wanted to see and play one or was considering purchasing one of these rare pinball
machines. Your wait is over! Illinois Pinball Co has told us that for those that have pre-purchased one of the few reproduction Capcom Big Bang Bar Pinball machines your machines will be shipping out April 1st, 2007 throughout the United States. A lot have thought this day would never come, but it soon will.

Well what do you know about that ?
awarner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just called Georgianna and she can neither confirm nor deny the April 1 date. If I had to guess, it's a target date. But the official word is that it's not the definate shipping date.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
BBB93

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, very interesting..... if all true, we are right at 2 more month until delivery! Can't hardly wait. For anybody who missed the rgp post, here is a link:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/9082f07e41855642/e5dd015c5adcbe57?hl=en#e5dd015c5adcbe57

Some interesting tidbits about a couple of machines that might be offered for sale at the Texas Pinball Festival too.

Bob Stemmler
BBB#93 - patiently waiting
runner1717

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 more months............... Sad Sad Sad

Will the waiting ever stop................. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
metallik

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Will the waiting ever stop?" he asks...

Short answer: yes, in about two months... LOL
BBB #2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I find interesting is the statement Craig makes regarding the two machines for sale"On top of all of these Illinois Pinball Inc.
is bringing two Big Bang Bar Pinball Machines to the Texas Pinball Festival, both of which attendees will be able to play as well as purchase. One is an original prototype Big Bang Bar with the brass package installed, asking price of $12,000. The other is one of the newly reproduced production models, price $10,000"
There must be a mistake.
It doesn't make any sense that Gene would sell an original prototype for $10K
BBB #2
awarner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, the details that are mentioned in the post really seem to jive with things Gene told me:

Quote:
On top of all of these Illinois Pinball Inc.
is bringing two Big Bang Bar Pinball Machines to the Texas Pinball
Festival, both of which attendees will be able to play as well as
purchase. One is an original prototype Big Bang Bar with the brass
package installed, asking price of $12,000. The other is one of the
newly reproduced production models, price $10,000

Gene told me that he had 2 Brass (Gold) machines that were still for sale and that they were $12K. They are also going to produce a "Special" machine with strange color parts (Like Green side rails and legs) and a blonde dancing girl that will be offered after all of the games ship.

Also Gene said he wasn't going to any new shows until the games shipped so...

So, we might really have an answer despite what Georgianna told me!
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
awarner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBB #2 wrote:
What I find interesting is the statement Craig makes regarding the two machines for sale"On top of all of these Illinois Pinball Inc.
is bringing two Big Bang Bar Pinball Machines to the Texas Pinball Festival, both of which attendees will be able to play as well as purchase. One is an original prototype Big Bang Bar with the brass package installed, asking price of $12,000. The other is one of the newly reproduced production models, price $10,000"
There must be a mistake.
It doesn't make any sense that Gene would sell an original prototype for $10K

Actually - This is correct. Gene's run of "Prototype" games have the gold (brass) trim and the clear insert between the pop-bumpers. The "Production" games are black trim with a yellow insert between the pop-bumpers.

The clear insert was on the original 11-14 prototypes as well, but the yellow was on the plans. Gene just followed the factory's plans to help distinguish between his protos, the original protos, and his production games. Does this make sense?

-Al-
-Hamburglar-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: April 1st Ship Date? Reply with quote

Ship date = April fools day???

hmm. I'll wait for the official letter before I make room.
pmwolf3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

April 1st...

Sounds about right to me....although if they would have announced it as April 2nd, or March 31st, they'd probably get fewer questions. =)

Can anyone confirm this info? Where did Hassel Castle get the scoop?

If the date is right, then I'll have about 2 months to play the machine before I have to box it back up. (We're doing a massive remodel...adding 15'X65' onto the gameroom (I'm maxxed out at 35-ish...need more room)...AND I'm putting in an elevator.

Later!
Pete
Big bang bar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: I'll believe it when I see it Reply with quote

March 2004, June 2006, December 2006, Feb 2007, April 2007, there is a pattern here
blubboman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: elevator!!! Reply with quote

...AND I'm putting in an elevator.

I actually thought about doing this in my new house. I ended up putting a concrete ramp from the back of my garage that goes straight down to the basement. It works great but takes up more space.
Kronis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news, but who is Hassel Castle ? And I agree that this looks like another rec.games.pinball hoax.

I'll be glad to get my game, whenever that is. Can anyone confirm if #21 is completed ? Crying or Very sad

BBB #21
rjones

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can not verify that Craig Hassel said it. But if he did, then I would believe him. I know him from the TX pinball festival. He is one of the organizers. He's a good guy and trustworthy.

Funny date for delivery though!

rjones

PS- hopefully I will be at the show next month!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Progress Updates All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: