Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How would you feel if Gene was to produce 300 more BBBs?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

How would you feel if Gene was to produce 300 more BBBs?
I would be upset because it would hurt my investment
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
I wouldn't care, I got my game (and probably cheaper).
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Happy for Gene, he might get some of his $300K back.
45%
 45%  [ 16 ]
Other (explain below)
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 35

awarner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: How would you feel if Gene was to produce 300 more BBBs? Reply with quote

If Gene was to produce new boardsets, the ability produce more BBBs would be a lot easier. How would you feel if Gene was planning to make more machines? Let me add that Gene has not made any comments to this effect, I'm just curious about people's opinions.
latecomer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of all of the above.

Investment? Well, I bought a game to play, and hopefully a great game! Unless Gene rolls out 300 extra quickly (ie like Stern can with TSPP or LOTR) then I doubt there will be too much hurt anyway.

I doubt the next 300 of either KP or BBB would be anything under the $7K that is likely for KP - so the $4.5K investment is definitely not hurt too much. Unless this was expected to be a profit maker, I don't think the average buyer would worry too much if the game is worth closer to $7K because new ones are that much and still rare, and still having to wait.

I suspect the $300K to Gene is in his mind a small price to pay for the great thing he did for pinball, and recovering it won't be a priority (I might be wrong). But if he can do it with a combination of KP and BBB, or just KP alone, well more power to him, he and Georgianna and Kim et al deserve whatever going on with the Capcom revival might bring them..

And frankly, it means there's gonna be part supplies into the future! What were **you**planning to do for BBB spares in five years, huh? Driver boards, switch boards, playfield parts - it gotta be good for all of us, who cares if more BBB's mean prices don't go ballistic for the original repros. hey, maybe the first 183 machines will be seen as something special anyway???
Vegemite Nick #123
BBB93

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Nick, you pretty well summed up my feelings on it. I would not begrudge anyone who was able to buy a remake and I would certainly would not begrudge Gene if he was able to recoup some of his loss. The resale value is somewhat of a moot point to me, because I don't see myself ever selling, but in the unlikely event I did, it would be a factor. Some of the "mystique" of owning a rare game would be somewhat deluted ... but I would still have #93

So, I'm not going to worry about it, and if a remake is made, it has my support... like anybody would care. Smile Shocked

Bob S
BBB #93
Mike Hogue

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>How would you feel if Gene was to produce 300 more BBBs?

Kind of all of the above for me too.

My *only* gripe is.......

We all took a chance on the BBB machine when the very vocal crowd said it couldn't / wouldn't be done. If Gene does decide to make more, it just cheapens in a small way the faith that we all put into the original project. Another batch of BBB's would be snatched up in no time. Go ahead, call me selfish, but I like the idea of having one of possibly 200 BBB's in existence.

I just want Gene and IPB to make a profit on all future pin projects..... other than BBB! : )

Mike
CraigC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i can get into kingpin for $4500 Gene can make all the BBBs he can at $7000.

-c
BBB94

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Mike Hogue]We all took a chance on the BBB machine when the very vocal crowd said it couldn't / wouldn't be done. If Gene does decide to make more, it just cheapens in a small way the faith that we all put into the original project. Another batch of BBB's would be snatched up in no time. Go ahead, call me selfish, but I like the idea of having one of possibly 200 BBB's in existence.

I just want Gene and IPB to make a profit on all future pin projects..... other than BBB! : )[/quote]
This is pretty much how I feel and I'm all for the good spare parts availability that would come with Kingpin.
greg_888

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike's kinda right we all took a chance.... but then so did IPB,
so shouldn't they have the chance to make up there $ loss

l'm getting a BBB.... how sweet is that Very Happy
runner1717

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Hogue wrote:
We all took a chance on the BBB machine when the very vocal crowd said it couldn't / wouldn't be done. If Gene does decide to make more, it just cheapens in a small way the faith that we all put into the original project. Another batch of BBB's would be snatched up in no time. Go ahead, call me selfish, but I like the idea of having one of possibly 200 BBB's in existence.

You gotta look at it this way, we took a chance on Gene and got BBBs for $4,500. I would guess if you bought one from the second batch you're looking at $7000!

So our faith and patients in Gene saved us $2,500!!!!!!!!!
awarner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: From Expo 2004 Reply with quote

Gene said at Expo 2004 that if he was to do another run of BBB after the initial 111 games, there would be something changed to distinguish them from this run. His suggestions were chrome side rails or something else.

I'd also like to add that I have NEVER heard him say anything else about a "Second Run" than that comment. He mentioned to me in 2005 that this was the ONLY game he would ever produce. In November, 2006 it was "We're not announcing it yet, but we're thinking of doing KingPin". He told me privately that he really wants to do KingPin.

I was just curious about how people looked at thier game and how they would feel about there being more machines.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
Kerry Richard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted "Other (explain below)";

I think many put up their money back in 04' on a dark hunch, from many others, who felt this project would only happen "if pigs could fly".

Well, nearly 200 of us stepped up with our cash and trust Gene & Co. would pull off this awesome BBB project.

I personally would be somewhat disappointed if the BBB run went beyond the 183 we all "bought into" over 2 years ago.

I'm very interested King Pin. KP at $7,000 ($6,500 discounted for BBB buyer's) is still great opportunity to purchase a unique very rare & once in a life time game…hopefully Gene & Co. can make some serious $$$ to help with the losses of BBB.

I too would rather see Gene make HUGE $$$ on other projects other than BBB remakes beyond 183.

Kerry Richard #111
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care how many BBB's would be made extra. Fact is that we paid less than what it cost to make, or we paid the equivalent of a Stern game while receiving a higher quality product. Even if 1000 more BBB's would be produced, you still got a very good deal. Anyone who is complaining about his "investment", should start trading on the stock market or simply go out and work for your money, instead of trying to make a profit on someone else's work.

Making more machines is the best way to let more people enjoy such a marvelous game.
BBB94

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a meeting with Gene and the BBB staff Monday night and someone raised the topic of his making more BBBs to help recoup his losses on the project. Gene was pretty emphatic that he would not make any more BBBs. I don't think it was ever about the money on BBB, it was about the dream; about this wonderful game.
awarner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Arnold said it best: "It's about the games, Stupid."

To me, it would be a WHOLE lot easier to make BBBs than Kingpins. If Gene wants the challenge, I'm sure he'll succeed.

I only started this discussion as that, everything I've heard from Gene was that he was done with producing machines, period. Then last November, he mentioned Kingpin. It'll be interesting to hear what he says at Texas.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: