Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBB Merchandise Poll #22b – Special Screen Inks love or hate

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your stance on the special inks?
I insist on UV reactive and glow - won't buy without
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I would prefer UV reactive AND glow
64%
 64%  [ 9 ]
I would prefer UV reactive only
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
I abhor the glow idea - won't buy with
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

BBB94

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: BBB Merchandise Poll #22b – Special Screen Inks love or hate Reply with quote

In my original poll : http://www.robertwinter.com/pinball/bbb/forum/viewtopic.php?t=178 79% (11 of 14 ) of you wanted special inks used.

I am close to finalizing the shirts and need to decide on inks. I plan to use a UV reactive light green to match the game. I am looking into using a glow in the dark "bed" of white under the other colors, which should provide the shirt with self-illumination properties that are inverse to the darkness of the ink color - so light blue should glow a little and black almost none. I think the glowing properties will be subtle because the primary inks will be impeading light from charging and emanating from the shirt.

Here is my delema: although I think the idea of self illumination is cool and would choose it in a heartbeat if the tests turn out well, I am concerned that a number of people will view the glow properties as childish, cheesey, over the top, etc. and would NOT buy the tee-shirt if it had glow properties. So I'd like to firm up opinions here.

Here is another option: if I can get the light green to be UV reactive and glow in the dark - so that you get that UV look with or with out a UV source? If you hate the idea of the whole shirt haivng the glow "bed" but like this idea please post to clarify.

P.S. these polls are not a waste of time. Although for a long time now I have been too busy to work on this stuff, and I myself began to wonder if I would manage at all...The last 6 weeks I have been silently and fairly feverishly working on this stuff - cleaning art, mocking stuff up, researching, and getting stuff made. Gene will be taking some basic embroidered polos, ballcaps, and golf towels to the Texas Pinball Festival with him. I will post some info (and probably some pics) on that, probably tomorrow. I will also do a more thorough update of my progress and thoughts in the next few days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: