Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rumors..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metallik

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Rumors.. Reply with quote

Coming out of 'lurking' status for a bit...

So I've heard from a couple people that there is a rumor going around that the BBBs won't ship til December. I'm not really giving these rumors much credence, especially since the source might be someone who doesn't get along well with Gene.. But, since rumors occasionally have a bit of truth at their source, I figure I'd toss this out and see if there is any semi-official comment on it. Since I'm already stirring the pot a bit (sorry :) .. I'll also ask the following:

Which of the following terms..

- Probable
- Possible
- Unlikely
- Impossible

..would best describe the chance of a May delivery date? Also, is there anything we can do to assist in this final stretch? I've heard a few games were waiting on a couple parts.. I have a low-play 'parts' Breakshot that I could steal things from if needed, if there was anything useful on it.

TIA for any information :D

-Larry
BBB94

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably overstepping my bounds here as I am not "semi-official", but I believe that the December rumor is completely baseless and false. But hey, if it ends up true then at least it is likely that my product will ship first... :?
harrrrrrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah right... make that Dec 22, 2012 LOL... oh, right that's when the sun explodes... never mind.

John
latecomer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harrrrrrr wrote:
Yeah right... make that Dec 22, 2012 LOL... oh, right that's when the sun explodes... never mind.

John

My money is on either:

1. - Sometime in May 2007; or

2. - The Twelvth of Never

And I am **certain** option 2 is out altogether, so looks like soon! I heard that the rumors started down my way, but **that** might be a rumor too! I am really annoyed that there would even be rumors at this stage, and if the source is revealed then I will show my annoyance in any way I can. Gene, Georgianna, Kim, Fred and Co seem to have put so much into this that anyone who wants to cause grief at this late stage does not get my respect or anything at all (except my annoyance that is!).

Guys, look forward to sharing tips and tricks with you all in a month or so....

Smile
Vegemite Nick #123
tomterlec

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to Gene at PATZ, he said he was shooting for a pick up date of 5/12. There were a few parts issues being worked out. Stay tuned.

Tom
BBB #136
rwsimpson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had figured the 12th would be out because it is Mother's day weekend, but whenever it is I will try to be there!

Ross
awarner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: As delicate as possible... Reply with quote

Cryptic Message:

Information within the forum is usually based on truth (or speculation).

Information outside the forum, is sometimes planted on purpose and not based on truth.

Can't say more, but a rumor to December on the outside makes a TON of sense.

Don't transfer inside knowledge to the outside. Ignore what happens outside and you'll be a happier person.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
latecomer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: As delicate as possible... Reply with quote

awarner wrote:
Cryptic Message:

Information within the forum is usually based on truth (or speculation).

Information outside the forum, is sometimes planted on purpose and not based on truth.

Can't say more, but a rumor to December on the outside makes a TON of sense.

Don't transfer inside knowledge to the outside. Ignore what happens outside and you'll be a happier person.

-Al-

Thanks Al, that sure clears it up! geek
Vegemite Nick #123
F1 Junkie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy cow, I almost forgot I have one of these coming! Laughing
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good rule of thumb - Don't believe anything you hear on the "outside"...
BBB #74
BBB #2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOG can you please put an end to this one way or the other?
BBB #2
metallik

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, I don't really believe any of the rumor... was more curious what people here thought of it... why choose December to base it on, etc. No biggie.. :)
irbgolfin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the risk of telling folks what to do, it's my opinion that sitting back and waiting for the call to get your BBB without speculating on whether that might be April 28th or Dec. 28th is the most prudent thing for all involved. Starting/spreading rumors, repeating rumors from here to elsewhere, none of this will accomplish anything positive, and could possibly have negative consequences. Just take a chill pill!

I realize there is impatience given the lack of information and length of time it's been (I've been on this ride since the start like most everyone else), but it won't arrive any quicker no matter what rumors get tossed around, here, RGP, etc. Whatever will be, will be. And down the road, if/when there's an empty building in Bloomington and there are BBB's scattered across the US and whatever other countries they're destined for, I expect you'll learn more. It's been said time and again when folks clamor for official info... They've got their reasons. There is a lot of history on this whole journey that I think got forgotten once some of them showed up in Europe, and the folks in Bloomington have, IMHO, the best interests of all of us anxiously waiting in mind with the actions they have taken and will take in the future. It ain't over 'til it's over, which means until it's safely ensconced in my game room!

Thanks for the cryptic message Al, I will follow your instructions to a T and encourage others to do so as well, without expecting any sort of supporting information or official response here.
tomterlec

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was only passing on what Gene told me personally, he knows I am a BBB buyer. If it happens on 5/12, I will be there.

Tom
BBB #136
awarner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomterlec wrote:
I was only passing on what Gene told me personally, he knows I am a BBB buyer. If it happens on 5/12, I will be there.

Tom
BBB #136

Hey, Thanks for the info. We all know that it's just a "Target Date". I was told the same thing about the 4/15 weekend. Sooner or later, one of these will come true. The Cunninghams really want this to be over as well.

Keep the flow coming!!!

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: