Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any Chicago ppl. able to assist with pick-up?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Hamburglar-

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Any Chicago ppl. able to assist with pick-up? Reply with quote

Hello all,

I have a bit of a dilemma. I am currently in graduate school in Boston, and my graduation week ceremonies take place between June 1 and June 7. After that, we will be moving to Chicago, but my wife and I are still in the process of finding a home. I start my job on July 16, so I need to get from Boston to Chicago within that window. I was originally going to have my BBB shipped to California, but this doesn't make much sense given the current circumstances.

If you are planning on picking your game up on 6/2 and you have room to pick up mine as well, please contact me. I would be more than willing to provide compensation for fuel, time, etc.

Contact information: dcbpinball@yahoo.com
Cell: 949 632-1757

Thanks!
Darren
jackjet

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just pick it up yourself a week later.
-Hamburglar-

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that may be what I end up doing. However, getting it to Chicago with someone who is already making the trip would be great because:

I don't know exactly when we will be coming in the month of June given that we still shopping for a house;
when we do get there, convincing my wife to take the majority of a day to go get my new pinball might be tough given that we will probably be unpacking and buying miscellaneous stuff for the new place for weeks;
I am in a wheelchair and can't drive a car myself, so she has to go;
the game won't fit into my van, so I will need to rent a trailer, hassle with the trailer, etc. (again, this falls on my wife - married guys will testify on my behalf for the potential headaches with this one);

Please don't mistake this for complaining. On the contrary, I am thrilled the game is finished and can't wait to unpack it. But if I could find someone to piggyback it would be much better. Smile

Darren
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: