Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBB Merchandise - Audio Keychain (& BBB transcript)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBB94

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: BBB Merchandise - Audio Keychain (& BBB transcript) Reply with quote

I’m really interested in doing a BBB audio sound byte keychain. First mentioned here: http://www.robertwinter.com/pinball/bbb/forum/viewtopic.php?t=144
I’m now leaning towards a black keychain with a screened image on the front and/or back. This would cut one color and save setup and per unit costs.

Here's where I need help. I can't decide what audio to have programmed in there. It is a "10 second" keychain - I'm still waiting for the supplier to tell me if that is 10.0, 9.9, 10.1 seconds or what - because that could matter. A while back I convinced a friend to do most of the basic work on creating a transcript for the whole BBB sound chip. I then pimped it out and got pretty detailed - you can download it here:
http://www.robertwinter.com/pinball/bbb/forum/images/vexthem/BBB_Transcript.xls
Sound bytes are numbered from 1 to 384 for quoting ease and indexed to the nearest 1/20th of a second for your MP3 player navigation convienece. In the columns to the right of the Notes just sequentially number the bytes you want to use and it will sum the time for you at the top.

Please post your ideas similar to how I did below. If anyone comes up with a sequence that I use or is the material inspiration for what I use if this gets done, they get a free keychain - maybe something else if the keychain doesn't pan out. Since the minimum is 100 units at $10+ each I think this may not happen, but it can't if we don't at least try.

If you find any transcription errors (no matter how small), corrections to voices, have a more accurate description of sound effects or music, perceive a change in music that I missed (and can nail down the time stamp and a description of that change), etc - anything to make the transcript better, more accurate, and more interesting or useful - let me know. And no I don't have too much time on my hands - I'm just nuts (or some clinical subset thereof)!

Also I think Aliens 1 and 2 are the ball lock folks, does anyone know their names? I remember seeing it once and couldn't find it again. Anyone that can run through the sounds in Pinmame might be able to figure some things out for me/us.

Sound file link:
http://www.pinballnirvana.com/index.php?name=UpDownload&req=getit&lid=989

My best compilations to date (which are too long because they do not include pauses to make the conversation sound more natural and perhaps don’t incorporate enough characters) are:

Version 1 (10.05 seconds without spaces)
#133 Doorman: Where ya been?
#155 Waitress: The game room
#119 Doorman: Ray wants to see you at the bar
#4 sound effect - electronic gurgle - like a teleporter or something
#165 Ray: Welcome to Big Bang
#167 Ray: What'da say to ol' Ray?
#190 Waitress: How 'bout a tour of the bar?
#171 Ray: Let's go baby

Version 2 (10.05 seconds without spacing)
#4 sound effect - electronic gurgle - like a teleporter or something
#190 Waitress: How 'bout a tour of the bar?
#5 sound effect - phaser 1 - laser shot
#349 Male patron: Son of a...
#16 sound effect - explosion 1
#97 Doorman: Hey Pal!

Version 3 (10.00 seconds without spacing)
#315 Alien 1: Let's scan for babes
#257 Ray: I like that
#30 sound effect - high pitched materialization sound
#215 sound effect - gasp

If anyone has the time and inclination to mix these and send them to Robert for hosting that would be great, especially if you could do the same for any other ideas that get posted.
Bill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can do the sound editing. What's the desired timeframe?

Bill Ung (BBB #41)
http://www.ufopinball.com/
spitlouie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this from the rule sheet listed on the ipdb BBB page

"Loopy Martians" - Sitting at the bar above the playfield in the upper right. They act as ball locks for the Looped In Space mode. There names are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.
BBB94

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill, 10-14 days max would be great, but the sooner the better. Are you planning to splice what I posted, some ideas of your own, or both? I just want to make it clear that the effort may be for naught, as with the setup costs and minimum order I don't have much faith in the demand being there. But if I had something viable, then once I get the information I need to decide whether or not to go forward I would have audio to submit if needed.

Spitlouie, cool, those are the names alright - now that I see them again. I obviously didn't think to check the rules page. Thanks, now I just gotta figure out which is which (yeah, like it really matters).
spitlouie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBB94,

Thanks you for this effort. I want one of these hanging from MY BBB coin door !
BBB94

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and everyone else that shares my enthusiasm is welcome. I hope that the items that I pull off are well liked.
Bill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had intended to use the mixes that you had posted. I don't really have time to do much else. Let's see what I can whip up in short order...

Bill
BBB94

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill was a big help in editing together my ideas so I could get a better sense of things, while maintaining focus on art work and vendor research.

The final product was a variation of my third idea. Here it is for your listening and/or keychain purchase preview pleasure.
http://www.robertwinter.com/pinball/bbb/forum/images/vexthem/Keychain_audio.wav

I will probably post the drafts of the other sounds later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: