Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The BBB Video and You!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awarner

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: The BBB Video and You! Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,

I'm working hard to have something to show on June 2nd, even if it's only partially finished. I decided to follow topics rather than a timeline because it varies it a lot more. I really like Gene, but watching him talk for 2 hours would be pretty hard to watch. So topics are like chapters and they discuss various aspects of the project like Capcom's beginning and end, Artwork, Gene's announcement and the varying numbers of games, making parts, assembly, public opinion, etc.

I'd like to have people at the pick-up read lines describing what each section was about. They will be short, things like:

"Building parts for a pinball machine is a lot harder than you might think..."
"Assembling the games presented many challenges..."
"The Artwork was an integral part of Big Bang Bar..."

And I'll give you freedom to change them as long as they mean the same thing. I'll be writing them up this weekend to match the sequences I have cut or plan to cut.

I'll also video any testamonials you might want to give or Thank Yous to Gene and the team.

If you can't make the pick-up and you have a video camera, we can work it out as well. Privately e-mail me at al@pinsandvids.com.

Another thing that has been going through my head is that I have (or will have) eight major "Events" on this video.

Gene at Allentown in 2002, Gene at Expo 2004, Gene at the Assembly plant in 2005, Kerry Stair at the Assembly plant in 2005, Stan's Talk at Expo (Sorta), Gene in Bloomington in 2006, Gene at the Texas Show in 2007, and The Pick-Up in a week.

That's 7-8 hours of footage at least. Is there any interest in seeing this stuff pretty much "UnCut" in a 3-4 Disc set? There obviously is a TON of stuff that won't be in the 2 hour video. Much of it repeats from interview to interview and I tried to focus on those things so far. The cost would be $25 and the bulk of it would go to the Pinball Hall of Fame (like all of our profits).

If you would be interested in an uncut version, just add to this thread and I'll decide whether I want to do it or not. I think I would only offer it to people who bought games.

There is about 40 minutes of the video edited so far, but that also includes custom title designs and such. I am anticipating the completion around the middle of July (I'm off the first week in July). I have to author the DVD and set up the promotional stuff as well.

Lots of stuff here - Let me know if you would like to help out, even in ways I haven't thought of.

Thanks,

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
blubboman

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: I'm excited . . Reply with quote

I can't wait to get my BBB and I want to be in the video!
rbarberis

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al,
I would be interested in the uncut verison.

Thanks for considering making this available as well.

Rolando
awarner

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The edit is coming along well. I have it broken up in the following sequences and order:

Opening Credits
Capcom History (Not done yet)
Stan's Art Progression (from Expo 05)
Gene talking about wanting to do the game in 2002
Gene's announcement and the varying number of games
Producing Parts
Problems
Improvements
Assembly (Including Clay's interview with Kerry Stair).
RoHS - 12 games delivered to Europe

These are mostly edited and total a little over 1 hour without the bumpers people will be recording for me at Pick-Up or send in)

I'm thinking the next parts will be:

Public Opinion from Buyers and Non-Buyers (Good and Bad)
Pick-Up Day
Testamonials and Thank Yous (Including the Korn Apology)
The End

I'm sure it will be a fight to keep it under 2 hours. I'm really thinking I want it around 1.5 hours total anyway to allow for other features on the disc.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: