Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setup Notes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
harrrrrrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Setup Notes Reply with quote

Thought I'd start a thread for general setup comments.

BBB home safe and unpacked but can't mount legs as the leg mounting plate was missing from the back left corner Crying or Very sad . I will try to find one locally. LTG or one of the MN group may be able to help out on a Sunday Cool Also, the lock on the backbox won't open key 1001 used on the coindoor (partial coin mechs? were a nice surprise, I was expecting a blank door) Very Happy ). Will try to find the security star type allen wrench today... to remove the backbox lock. I expect I have mismatched locks... seems #7 wasn't so lucky. Can anyone tell me what key #'s they have? If there are numbers other than 1001... which I expect is the case... then probably a mismatch.

I also noticed some very light scratching on the playfield... anyone else see this? No big deal... just curious.

Was a great day seeing the crew at IPB. Can't wait to get legs on and the backbox open (to check things before firing her up).

John

Last edited by harrrrrrr on Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
BBB93

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, on my machine, the coin door key is #1001. The keys to the back box have a different number and were hanging on a hook inside the coin door. Mine did not have any coin mechs... yours did? I don't really need them, so no big deal. I thought that the coin mech had been dropped... Surprised But I did have all 4 mouinting plates.

When setiing up the game, the only thing I really had to tweak was one of the playfield supports. When we first set it up, the ball kept rolling heavily to the right side. I ended up having to tweak the left side support bracket. The support bracket that screws to the payfeild was catching on the roller track when the playfield was lowered, and was making the playfield "lift" slightly so that the left side was sitting in the cabinet about a 1/4" or so higher than the right. Had to reposition the playfield support bracket in about a 1/4", so it now clears the roller track, and the playfield sits nice and level in the cabinet. Not a big heal, but had us scratching our heads for a while trying to figure out why the playfield was not sitting level.

The games look great and they play so smooth. Hope you get yours set up today!
Bob S
BBB93
harrrrrrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh... of course. I actually thought to look for the keys and of course they were hangin on the coindoor... doh. Couldn't get online fast enough to edit my newbie post. I've only had 1 other NIB pin and should have known. I will also correct my bad habit of not keeping the backbox keys on the coindoors of my other games. It's about time I figured out that's where they belong Wink

Yeah, the coinmechs were a surprise to me... maybe ol #7 is showing it's lucky side. Laughing

The backbox key was my real concern... the leg mount plate will be easy to get. We can always play briefly (not the best cooling) at ground level

Thanks Bob.

John
harrrrrrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at the coindoor a bit more closely and yes it has the coin slots and buttons but no it does not have the metal housing that fits in between the upper and lower arms... if that makes sense. So I guess these may be partial coin mechs or maybe this is the way all coin doors are made and you add the central coin box piece. I was expecting just a blank door with no coin access. Sorry for the confusion... we won't be using coinage anyhow.

harrrrrrr
The Other Guy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the coin doors:
The doors are set to accept the coin mech's. The actual mech's are not there. The shoot is on the top and the credit switch and return shoot are on the bottom. The mech goes in between... Almost any mech should fit. Wink

Missing leg bolt plates:
Embarassed Guess I missed not seing that. Embarassed
irbgolfin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Missing Flipper Coil Sleeve! Reply with quote

Well, after playing a few games and remarking on how one flipper just WAS NOT RIGHT... got to looking, and it turns out there was no coil sleeve. Had to hack another one I had to make it work, but all is well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Tech Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: