Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

European Owners Collection
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ringtail

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: European Owners Collection Reply with quote

How many of you guys are actually going to be collecting your machines from Rotterdam when the day comes? We'll have to arrange some sort of get together ^^

Gareth
#69 It had to go to Holland really Razz
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: European Owners Collection Reply with quote

Ringtail wrote:
How many of you guys are actually going to be collecting your machines from Rotterdam when the day comes? We'll have to arrange some sort of get together ^^
Gareth

I really would like to collect my machine as early as possible, so I prefer going to Rotterdam myself. So... count me in.

Joe
mushroom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer Rotterdam too !

Bart Baeyens
Belgium
trick72

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotterdam is fine for me too.
Patrick Vervoort
Belgium
Swann

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with that Rotterdam is the right way to go, since it's the first point of entry to Europe. And well, yes, a get together would be nice Smile
BBB #79 has arrived here in Stockholm, Sweden!
Bertl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as i know, there will be 12-14 machines for Northern Europe (Sweden, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria..).

For sure, it will make sense to put all machines in one 20' Container to come down with transport costs.

As i am a forwarding agent and have a reliable partner in Chicago, it would be no problem for me to arrange the transport from Chicago to Rotterdam, where the pins can be cleared through customs and picked up .

Right now, it's too early to ask for the price for a container as the rates change during the year because of different seasons. Also due to the increasing fuel prices which also influences the price.

So i think when we have an approximate date of finishing the machines, i can ask for a defnitive price we can compare. (if anyone has another possiblity)

Anybody who is interested can post here or send me an e-mail or a pm so
that we can see how much machines we have.

Best regards
Norbert
unigroove

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no idea there was a BBB going to Austria. With most European BBB owners I already discussed the plans how to arrange shipping. I found a company who will arrange pick up of the games in Bloomington and ship them overseas to Rotterdam. Price was very reasonable.

Once the games are in Rotterdam those who are present can take it home once they passed the customs. However, I have no clue how long it will take to get the right container of the boat. For those who can't be there it might be possible to transport the remaining games to Silverstone in Zwanenburg-Holland (near Amsterdam). One of the BBB's will end up there anyway and there is room to store the other for a few days.

Basically I understood I would arrange the shipping, but if someone else is also interested in arranging, let me know.

Jonathan
Bertl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@unigroove

Normally, it works like that:

The container can be picked up the next day after arrival of the vessel.
After then, you can go to the customs authority and clear the container through customs.

As it makes no sense to take out some machines in Rotterdam (if the one somebody needs is at the end of the container, you have to put out all machines...) the best way would be to bring the whole container after the customs clearance to Zwanenburg, unload the complete container there, and everybody can pick up his BBB there.

The transit time from USA to Europe is rather fast, 10 days or less.

I know the price for the container you got from Mr.Startrek, it's not bad. But as i mentioned, it's too early to fix a final price.

Rgds
Norbert
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertl wrote:
As it makes no sense to take out some machines in Rotterdam (if the one somebody needs is at the end of the container, you have to put out all machines...) the best way would be to bring the whole container after the customs clearance to Zwanenburg, unload the complete container there, and everybody can pick up his BBB there.

Zwanenburg is quite a bit further than Rotterdam for me, but I understand that it is not possible to unload the container in Rotterdam unless everyone is right there at the same time.

So transporting all pins to Zwanenburg seems like the best way to go. Everyone can then pick up their machine whenever they want.

Regarding the shipping to Rotterdam, if Unigroove and Bertl both get a quotation when the pins are ready, we can go with the cheapest one, on condition that it is a reliable transporter and that the pins are insured.

Thanks to both for wanting to take care of the shipping as most of us probably have no clue how this works exactly.

Joe
Ringtail

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertl wrote:

I would disagree there on a number of points, for a few of us Rotterdam is a lot easier and tbh the less distance my machine travels with shippers and couriers the better. Theres a good chance customs will want to open the container anyway and it would make more sense to split the container in Rotterdam and then forward the remaining machines that aren't being picked up there to the storage point in Zwanenburg.

If this is a major issue for some then possibly we can request that the pins that are to be forwarded after Rotterdam are packed at the back of the container so the rest of us can get ours with as little hassle as possible Smile

Gareth
unigroove

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I meant was: those who want their game in R'dam will probably get it there. The rest who won't be there can pick it up in Zwanenburg. I can understand the Belgians wish to pick up the games in R'dam.
However: keep in mind that 12-14 games does not fill a container. There is a good chance the shipping company will fill the rest of the container with other goods. Therefor you can not tell when exactly the games will be unloaded. I have no idea how long it usually takes, but how many of you are in the position to spend all day on the docks waiting for the container to be unloaded and unpacked?
CraigC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unigroove wrote:
What I meant was: those who want their game in R'dam will probably get it there. The rest who won't be there can pick it up in Zwanenburg. I can understand the Belgians wish to pick up the games in R'dam.
However: keep in mind that 12-14 games does not fill a container. There is a good chance the shipping company will fill the rest of the container with other goods. Therefor you can not tell when exactly the games will be unloaded. I have no idea how long it usually takes, but how many of you are in the position to spend all day on the docks waiting for the container to be unloaded and unpacked?

since the conversion rate is pretty good, how about getting some other pins shipped over at the same time? Wink

-c
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unigroove wrote:
but how many of you are in the position to spend all day on the docks waiting for the container to be unloaded and unpacked?

That's no problem for me
If possible, I want mine in Rotterdam. If that's not possible, then any other solution is fine by me.
Ringtail

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I live here in Rotterdam, It's easy enough to make a day of it, cook up some food, play some pins. I should have at least a TSPP and a LOTR here for people to waste some time on Smile As for the container, generally as soon as they locate the one you're after things move pretty fast if your standing there cash in hand to pay the customs fees or in our case phoning every 10 minutes in case we missed it Wink

Speaking of customs fees, does anyone know what we expecting to pay these guys?

Gareth
Bertl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unigroove wrote:

@unigroove

If we use a 20' Container, there will be no other goods in it, except our machines and spare parts (if ordered).

@ringtail

i understand, that it's better the less miles the machines make until unpacking, the better it is.

But as already mentioned: the container can be opened at one side only!
If we have to put out one machine at the other side of the container (where no doors are) we have to put out many machines to get to the one we need!

I don't know if Gene can arrange it that the machines can be placed by the game numbers in the container, so the ones, that we want to take out in Rotterdam are right at the doors.

Anyway:
I also have the possibility to unpack the container in Rotterdam, so that everybody can pick it up in Rotterdam at the warehouse.

Regarding Ringtails question:
Pinball Machins are duty free, we only have to expect to pay the VAT from Netherlands (19 %??) from the value of the goods mentioned on the invoice plus transport charges. If Gene can put the incoterm "CIF Rotterdam" on the invoice, we can save the VAT for the transport charges.

Brgds
Norbertl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: