Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Korn's Apology on RGP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBB93

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: The Korn's Apology on RGP Reply with quote

For those that have missed it, The Korn has posted his "Official" apolgy to Gene and and IPB on RGP. There is also a link to a video of the apolgy.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/1b14b676abb32c93/a1f99d8020f8971d?hl=en#a1f99d8020f8971d

Link to the apolgy and video:
http://www.thekorn.net/gene_apology/

I appreciate the effort at trying to make things right, but I am not going to get too excited about it. There were some pretty nasty things slung around. At least Korn stepped up and admitted he was wrong and acknowledged that Gene and crew did a great job. There are a few others who could follow his lead.

Bob S
BBB#93
CraigC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no better motivation than proving other people wrong Wink

I'm a good friend of Vinces and was always telling him that it would get made. Yah i got a lot of ribbing too, but passionate people in the hobby are what make it fun. If everyone agreed on everything then everyone would have the same games in their collection and there would be no good differing opinions to read and concider.

-c
BBB94

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ha - I figured out who Gene's secret special guest is.... It only makes sense that Gene would have received an advance copy of the video, reconciliations occured, and the Korn is kicking off his Apology Tour in Bloomington.

Korn's video was well done as usual. So, who the heck DOES he resemble in that video, is it Garth Brooks or Kenny Chesnee (phonetic), with the hat and mic?
capcomber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: The Korn's Apology on RGP Reply with quote

BBB93 wrote:
For those that have missed it, The Korn has posted his "Official" apolgy to Gene and and IPB on RGP

He could use a lesson in sincerity.
Apologizing out of one side of his mouth while
still making fun of Gene out of the other side of his mouth.
I agree with the poster on r.g.p. who said it looked more
like an advertisement for his web video business than it
did an apology. Over 20% of the video was spent showing
those annoying spinning w's.
metallik

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither of you know Vince, so it's not surprising you feel that way. However, you're both incorrect. Korn was wrong, he knows it, and he is quite sincere. It's really kind of moot, as the matter is between Gene and Vince (and I can guarantee Vince doesn't give a shit what some of the people here think of him :), but I will definitely stick up for my buds. I don't think you quite 'get' the video... the old footage of the "BBB" game from the xmas vid is actually Korn making fun of *himself* in a "pwned" kind of way...
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked Korn if he would do it and he had every intention of doing it. Korn and I are good friends. He sent me the video about 3 months ago and sorta asked/told me that he wanted to release it publicly first.

I will have the DVD quality version on the Pins and Vids disc. A shorter version will be in the actual video but the full version will be on there as a bonus.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
BBB94

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

metallik wrote:
Neither of you know Vince, so it's not surprising you feel that way. However, you're both incorrect.

I must assume that I am one of those "two", however although I was having a little creative fun, I was not attempting to slam Korn. I was trying to make a joke about the mystery guest and was genuinely trying to figure out what if any country music star he might have been trying to look like or mock or whatever.
capcomber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

metallik wrote:
Neither of you know Vince, so it's not surprising you feel that way. However, you're both incorrect.

No, you are the one who is incorrect. I do know Vince.
I have seen his good & bad sides in person.
He needs to do more penance to make up for 3 years
of vicious attacks. But as you say, it is between him & Gene.
I will not praise him for a weak apology.
unigroove

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: The Korn's Apology on RGP Reply with quote

capcomber wrote:
I agree with the poster on r.g.p. who said it looked more like an advertisement for his web video business than it
did an apology. Over 20% of the video was spent showing
those annoying spinning w's.

That would be me Smile
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

As I posted on RGP, Korn and I had words at one time, once he understood what was going on with IPB, PMI and BBB he really layed off the wise cracks.

He has made his peace with Gene, who thought his xmas video was funny (I personally wanted his little tallywacker stuffed and mounted on my wall)
but as I have said, Vince has come thru several times helping us with different projects. and ya know it's probably very hard to know you were sssoooooooooooooooooo wrong about bbb and Craig way to go and I hope you do rub it in Wink that you have a game and it actually works and they are selling for $7,500.00 and up.

Now ..... if we are going to talk about a foulmouthed jackass who isn't man enough to apologize and who once the games were near completion started in on they would be junk, and then said the whole game was a loser anyways ...... well he deserves whatever disasters the pinball Gods send him. Evil or Very Mad

k
awarner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korn's apology was sincere. Considering that he pays his bills with World Wide Video, there is no reason he shouldn't use the logos. I have a cut of the Apology without background music and I could EASILY remove the logos for Pins and Vids #3, but I won't be. I will be shortening it and re-adding the music.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: