Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gotta a call Downunder **already**.....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Shipping
View previous topic :: View next topic  
latecomer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Gotta a call Downunder **already**..... Reply with quote

So there I was first day back at work after the longest holiday I've had in 20 years, in a meeting, see a call on the mobile from an unknown number, dismiss it, check the message 2 hours later:

"Hi Nick, this is *statics static* from *static* in relation to a parcel that's here on consignment. **Crackle** on 97311234."

Well - I call the number excitedly and explain to reception that I'm waiting on a package but couldn't hear the name of the person I'm to call, she tells me that I need the name of the person, she's just the receptionist.... I try and explain again, get told she's just the receptionist again... Suggests she will put me through to customer service (good idea! I think).

Customer service want to know who I want to speak to, go through the story again, ask them to look the name of my contact up, well that's too hard. I suggest maybe my name as consignee. No, they have thousands of names in their data base. I promise her my surname is not Smith or Jones and that they will ** I guarantee** find it within the first five letters, she complains but by the fourth letter finds the details. "From 'Pinball'? " she asks? Well that's good enough, yes that's it, finally I get a name expecting to be told "Come and get it!"

So my static named contact whose name took me ten minutes of excited waiting to get tells me "I've no idea when you package will get here, I just need details for a custom form". Sad

Oh well, maybe another few days....
Vegemite Nick #123
latecomer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to believe but they landed at Melbourne Airport 12 hours ago (it's midnight as I type this).

Not sure how long Customs will take (I suppose it depends on how many games they want to get in before waiving goodbye!) but maybe tomorrow....

Whoopeeeee!
Vegemite Nick #123
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Shipping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: