Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ball not releasing from alien lock

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pindoc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Ball not releasing from alien lock Reply with quote

The ball is not releasing properly from the alien mouth ball lock, always on the left, sometimes on the right. Once it spins back around, it hits the other alien and gets knock out onto the plasitics below, but that can't be good for the alien or the plastic. Gene had mentioned on his interview on TopCast that they had solved this problem by layering additional paint into the mouth to make it more shallow. Can anyone tell me what type of paint was used? If not, I may just try a thin layer of clear such as Thinset methylmethacrylate.
Bruce
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Ball not releasing from alien lock Reply with quote

pindoc wrote:
The ball is not releasing properly from the alien mouth ball lock, always on the left, sometimes on the right. Once it spins back around, it hits the other alien and gets knock out onto the plasitics below, but that can't be good for the alien or the plastic. Gene had mentioned on his interview on TopCast that they had solved this problem by layering additional paint into the mouth to make it more shallow. Can anyone tell me what type of paint was used? If not, I may just try a thin layer of clear such as Thinset methylmethacrylate.
Bruce

I noticed that the level of the machine plays an important role in how the aliens release the balls. It was fine the first dozen games, then I moved the machine a few inches, and one ball falls from the rails onto the playfield. Then I moved the machine to another room, and now the first ball rolls a bit uphill, and then the second ball falls on top of the first one. Each time, I tried to level the game properly, but apparently the slightest difference has an influence in how the aliens release the balls. The problem is that I don't know what to change if something specific happens. What if the balls fall of the rails on the playfield? It's hard to see if you have to change something to the rails, or you have to change the angle of the playfield, or....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Tech Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: