Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playfield Supports

View previous topic :: View next topic  
runner1717

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Playfield Supports Reply with quote

Just an FYI:

My playfield tilted to the right. I know my floor is level so I wondered what was going on. Someone else here noticed that a playfield support was missing the internal rail.

If you look at the hinge where the playfield support attaches to the playfield, you'll see a short piece of metal that is rounded on the bottom and points out (down when the playfield is down). This piece should contact the rail on both sides of the machine when the playfield is lowered. My right piece was missing the rail and dropping below the rail. Net effect was the right side of the playfield was 1/4" lower than the other side!

To fix this, just bend this piece toward the outside of the cabinet.
BBB93

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same thing going on, my playfield was also tilting to the right, and just as you say, the rounded playfield bracket on the left side of the playfield was making contact with the roller track. But, it looked to me that the bracket was NOT suppose to make contact with the roller track. So I did the opposite, I tweaked the left bracked to it would miss the track and settle into the cabinet in a level position. Take a look and let me know what you think?

Bob S
BBB#93
runner1717

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess the since they are rounded and seem to serve no other purpose, to me it looks like they should ride on top of the track. Otherwise I don't see any other supports for the upper playfield. I would REALLY have to bend mine so they both would miss the track. I could be wrong though..........

TOG????
BBB93

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anybody has a chance to check this out on their machine, I would be very grateful. With the playfield in the down position, when looking through the coin door, does the rounded end of the support bracket rest on top of the roller track, or does the rounded end of the bracket clear the roller track when lowered?

Again, the issue was that the playfield would not sit level in the cabinet. Both Mike and I found that when lowered, the playfeild support bracket was making contact with the roller track on the left side only. This is the bracket that connects to the left and right sides of the playfield and hinges to the support arms.

Mike and I both "resolved" the problem, but in different ways... wondering which is correct?

Thanks!
Bob S
BBB#93
sellenoff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBB93 wrote:
If anybody has a chance to check this out on their machine, I would be very grateful. With the playfield in the down position, when looking through the coin door, does the rounded end of the support bracket rest on top of the roller track, or does the rounded end of the bracket clear the roller track when lowered?

Again, the issue was that the playfield would not sit level in the cabinet. Both Mike and I found that when lowered, the playfeild support bracket was making contact with the roller track on the left side only. This is the bracket that connects to the left and right sides of the playfield and hinges to the support arms.

Mike and I both "resolved" the problem, but in different ways... wondering which is correct?

Thanks!
Bob S
BBB#93

Can you post a picture of what you're looking for? I don't quite see exactly what you want us to look for?
The Other Guy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK runner,OK!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Looked in Gene's original & new and Kim's machine. The verdict is:
the playfield pivot brackets rest on the playfield wheel rails when the pfld is lowered. This gives the playfield six points of support from the cabinet:
the rollers at the rear, pivot brkts in the center and the hangers at the front.

imho,
TOG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Tech Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: