Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Orange tube rings from PMI?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Orange tube rings from PMI? Reply with quote

Kim - I read somewhere on this forum that PMI was taking orders for orange rings for the green tube on the left of the playfield. Can you share some specifics? I'd certainly like to get a set.

Thanks,
Tony
BBB #39
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll let PMI give the full answer, but:

Gene was taking pre-paid orders for rings. They are available in two colors, Blue and Orange. He also had Horseshoe shaped rings that will fit in the slots. Gene plans to order 3Xs as many that were ordered at the show for people wanting them. I assume they will make some sort of announcement when they are available. The rings are $10.00 each (plus shipping) and a game will need 6 or more to look good.

-Al-

PS - I bought 6 Blue.
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
sellenoff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean 10$ for 1 Ring? That seems excessively high to me.

Considering the original orange rings machine had like 15 rings on it IIRC, that would be a crazy amount of $. You could buy an entire TAF plastic set for the same amount of money. Surely someone can make these cheaper than 10$ each.

awarner wrote:
I'll let PMI give the full answer, but:

Gene was taking pre-paid orders for rings. They are available in two colors, Blue and Orange. He also had Horseshoe shaped rings that will fit in the slots. Gene plans to order 3Xs as many that were ordered at the show for people wanting them. I assume they will make some sort of announcement when they are available. The rings are $10.00 each (plus shipping) and a game will need 6 or more to look good.

-Al-

PS - I bought 6 Blue.
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sellenoff wrote:

Considering the original orange rings machine had like 15 rings on it IIRC, that would be a crazy amount of $. You could buy an entire TAF plastic set for the same amount of money. Surely someone can make these cheaper than 10$ each.

Hmmm, we all got machines that cost $6K+ to build for $4500, they're worth $10K+ now, and you'd begrudge PMI a small profit on orange rings?

Given the fact that they're precut and seem to be edge-polished, I have no problem dropping $150 for a full set.
BBB #74
BBB94

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The edges are very clear and clean. I'm pretty sure they are laser cut. I'm not sure what if any finishing is normally needed after laser cutting.

The horse shoe shaped ones can be put in the grooves on an angle or just slipped over the top if I'm not mistaken. The full rings would require removal of the four "rivets" that hold the two brackets on.
The Other Guy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBB94 wrote:
The edges are very clear and clean. I'm pretty sure they are laser cut. I'm not sure what if any finishing is normally needed after laser cutting.

The horse shoe shaped ones can be put in the grooves on an angle or just slipped over the top if I'm not mistaken. The full rings would require removal of the four "rivets" that hold the two brackets on.

Clarification:
The horse shoes fit into the groves (the samples were cut large).

The "rivets" are plastic push-pins. With a little care, they come out fairly easily... And go right back in! Wink
sellenoff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertwinter wrote:
sellenoff wrote:

Hmmm, we all got machines that cost $6K+ to build for $4500, they're worth $10K+ now, and you'd begrudge PMI a small profit on orange rings?

Given the fact that they're precut and seem to be edge-polished, I have no problem dropping $150 for a full set.

I have no problem if Gene wants to make back some profit on the rings, and I would gladly support it, but if that's the case I'd like to know that is why they are expensive. If that's not Gene's intention, then why are they so expensive? Smile
BBB #2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where can we order the rings?
BBB #2
Kstone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rings sound interesting. Was this part of the Prototype?

What color would be recommended?

Thanks
Kevin Stone

BBB #101
nworker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to get a set of rings. What is the ordering process?

Thanks,

Hank
awarner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Gene will offer them when they come in. We had to pre-pay for them when we were there at pick-up.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
pmwolf3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I preordered 6 of the "Ice Blue" rings from Gene at the MGC show. Apparently they look pretty sweet under the blacklight.

(Of course, I agonized over the decision...rings or horseshoes...blue or orange...).

Add on $10 shipping to the total, too.

Pete
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the picture of the samples, courtesy BBB93.

BBB #74
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: